Aftermarket Sport grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hard to find grills for the 4th gen Sport. They have the unique lower grill. Post a pic if you have modded your Sport grill.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
keith.C.2313

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
945a22d7356d6f21d51ee9336eb29e95.jpg This is the only one I have found so far. I like it, just would like to see what others have done.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Check ebay... there are literally hundreds of Aftermarket grilles anywhere from $100+ for the kind you cut your stock grille and put in or $200+ for the kind that comes with the grille shell already built in.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the T Rex.

OP
OP
keith.C.2313

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
You're right I haven't looked on eBay. There are a lot more options. Thanks

ptuttle78

Reaction score
IMG_0995.JPG I didn't like the fact I had to cut the stock grille

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
keith.C.2313

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Yea. Not sure about cutting the factory grille. I would like to find an insert for top and bottom grille. Billet or mesh preferably. eBay does have a lot to offer after looking.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea. Not sure about cutting the factory grille. I would like to find an insert for top and bottom grille. Billet or mesh preferably. eBay does have a lot to offer after looking.

A few company's I have bought from and had GREAT experiences with on eBay are EAutoGrilles and DTMoto. I bought a grille from EAutoGrilles for my 06 Ram and the fitment and quality was 10 out I 10. I bought Spyder Halo Projectors from DTMoto and when my passenger side light stopped working they sent me new bulbs for free. When the new bulbs didn't fix the problem they then sent me a whole new passenger side headlamp assembly for free. DTMoto's customer service is TOP NOTCH. The best I've ever dealt with on the internet.

OP
OP
keith.C.2313

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Good to here. I'll check em out.

ptuttle78

Reaction score
I don't think you should have had to cut your factory grill! You can buy that same grill with the shell made to fit on eBay. Or at least one pretty close! 240305406965ec6b35380fcb67aba2a4.jpg

I wish I got that one instead

Codydoss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
View attachment 82233 I didn't like the fact I had to cut the stock grille

I'm pretty sure I saw on another thread (tried searching and couldn't find it again), that you were trying to find a way to hide the cuts you made. Did you have any luck? I've got a 2012 2500 and I'm trying to get the courage to cut my stock grille to add the t-Rex polished insert, but I'm so afraid I won't be able to hide the cuts, especially because I'm keeping my grille chrome.

The only full replacement I found had 8mm horizontal bars, and the t-rex (my preferred style) bars are 4mm. So if I want billet, I'll have to cut and I can't find anyone with a 4th gen that gave a write up on hiding cuts.

Figured it was worth a shot to ask you.

Thanks in advance!

ptuttle78

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw on another thread (tried searching and couldn't find it again), that you were trying to find a way to hide the cuts you made. Did you have any luck? I've got a 2012 2500 and I'm trying to get the courage to cut my stock grille to add the t-Rex polished insert, but I'm so afraid I won't be able to hide the cuts, especially because I'm keeping my grille chrome.

The only full replacement I found had 8mm horizontal bars, and the t-rex (my preferred style) bars are 4mm. So if I want billet, I'll have to cut and I can't find anyone with a 4th gen that gave a write up on hiding cuts.

Thanks in advance!

The grille I got didn't have a boarder around it. There are other grille inserts that have boarders to hide the cuts. I pretty much screwed mine up with cutting it. So I bought some bondo and gonna tempt to repair my screw up. I guess it's better to have a spare grille just in case [emoji30]

ptuttle78

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1256.JPG this is the one I bought

Codydoss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
View attachment 82266 this is the one I bought

I've seen that one for the 2500s as well. I was going to go with that brand or t-rex, but I just can't find any info or write up on how to do the style like that without a trim to hide the cuts.

Thanks for getting back to me. If I can find a good used grille for cheap, I'll attempt it then. Until that happens, I'll just sit back and play the (very impatient) waiting game.

ptuttle78

Reaction score
I've seen that one for the 2500s as well. I was going to go with that brand or t-rex, but I just can't find any info or write up on how to do the style like that without a trim to hide the cuts.

Thanks for getting back to me. If I can find a good used grille for cheap, I'll attempt it then. Until that happens, I'll just sit back and play the (very impatient) waiting game.

Spec-D makes one that is all one piece

Codydoss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Oh wow if it's not too much to ask, could you find that link for me? I've had no luck finding the 4mm style in a one piece set up.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Oh wow if it's not too much to ask, could you find that link for me? I've had no luck finding the 4mm style in a one piece set up.

There are a bunch of grilles on ebay that come with the grille frame. So all you have to do is unbolt your stock one and bolt the new one in place.

They have the Rivet Style, plain horizontal bar style and vertical bar style ones. They have Mesh ones with and without the metal rivets/bolts. All of those have both black and chrome options.

But there are literally hundreds of grilles on ebay that come with the frame already attached so you don't have to cut anything at all.

If you want to install a trex grille but don't want to cut your stock one, you could always buy a cheap $180 aftermarket grille off ebay that comes with a frame already on it and then just remove the grille insert and put the trex insert into that grille frame.

Here is a picture of the type of grille im talking about:

39b8a25d5c1c3a73c02f78b9909568a9.jpg8bfe783afd9e9f2c5a929621e77b72c8.jpg

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-B...l-for-09-12-Ram-1500-/151825142668?nav=SEARCH

Buy that one and remove the middle Mesh part and then install the trex insert into the middle spot. That way you don't have to cut up your stock grille and it will also look smooth and not have any cut marks.

Codydoss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There are a bunch of grilles on ebay that come with the grille frame. So all you have to do is unbolt your stock one and bolt the new one in place.

They have the Rivet Style, plain horizontal bar style and vertical bar style ones. They have Mesh ones with and without the metal rivets/bolts. All of those have both black and chrome options.

But there are literally hundreds of grilles on ebay that come with the frame already attached so you don't have to cut anything at all.

If you want to install a trex grille but don't want to cut your stock one, you could always buy a cheap $180 aftermarket grille off ebay that comes with a frame already on it and then just remove the grille insert and put the trex insert into that grille frame.

Here is a picture of the type of grille im talking about:

39b8a25d5c1c3a73c02f78b9909568a9.jpg8bfe783afd9e9f2c5a929621e77b72c8.jpg

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-B...l-for-09-12-Ram-1500-/151825142668?nav=SEARCH

Buy that one and remove the middle Mesh part and then install the trex insert into the middle spot. That way you don't have to cut up your stock grille and it will also look smooth and not have any cut marks.

That's actually not a bad idea. I've seen the millions of different styles eBay has and I've only been able to find the polished 4mm bar style as in insert only. I did find one replacement horizontal polished billet that was close (and I almost bought it until I started really focusing on the picture) but it turned out to be the 8mm bar style, which would've depressed the hell out of me when I would've opened the box upon delivery.

But thank you for that great idea. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a nice aftermarket to cut up and use instead. I can't believe I haven't thought of that yet. Thanks a ton.