Alignment issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I have a 2010 1500 quad cab 4x4 here's my issue. In the almost two years I've owned it I've been having nothing but issues with the front end.

Last year I replaced upper and lower bj shock mount bushings in the lower ca hoping to fix the problem with no luck. Again just this past week I once again did uppper and lower bj. And every time they do the alignment and get it into spec and they do the turn test on the machine it throws everything back way out of spec where they started. It's been to 3 different shops at least 10 different times trying to get it to stick. The last shop I had brought it to was also a body shop and they had their head mechanic working on it. He seems to think it was in a heavy front end collision. But it has a clean carfax two previous owners and no record of any accidents or anything if that matter. Truck constantly pulls right no matter what even if the toe is completely in spec.

Anyone else have or had problems like this? I spoke with Chrysler after fighting this war with no good results in the end and they have offered to help with the cost of trying to get this issue resolved.

Shop that had it last week brought up the idea of maybe a bent steering knuckle or lca? Anyone else have any kind of input on what it maybe? Currently on the way to drop it off at the local dodge dealer to drop it off and pick up a loaner.

Truck has had these problems since 60k when I bought it and currently has 118k has all new moog upper and lower bj along with moog uca and shock mount bushings. Outer tie rod ends. Everything else is completely tight.

9664aba24a320dd1cad83dd50a62bcce.jpg

Pntyrmvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I trust you've eliminated tires as the cause of the pull.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

OP
OP
L

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I trust you've eliminated tires as the cause of the pull.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

Pulls regardless if I have my fuel setup on or stock setup. I've even put the stocks on when it goes to get an alignment just to rule it out. No difference.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did anyone check the caster specs?

OP
OP
L

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did anyone check the caster specs?

They get caster camber and tow into spec. Then don the turn test on alignment machine and all measurements are thrown right back to pretty much where it started.

countrygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about bushings in the upper and lower control arms?

What about the sway bar bushings?

OP
OP
L

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What about bushings in the upper and lower control arms?

What about the sway bar bushings?

Brand new upa. No noticeable wear or play in the bushings for lca. Same with sway bar bushings.

It's at the dealer now getting looked at. I contacted Chrysler since I've been having these issues since 60k miles. They gave me a 2017 ram rental and have offered to give help towards the repairs for whatever it may need. Since the first dealer where I had purchased the truck from just gave me the run around and took my money. Which I may add that I went through 2 managers at the other dealer and they have no record of my truck being. There since i purchased the truck in oct of 2015.

So as an FYI to anyone in ne Ohio DO NOT deal with haasz automall in Ravenna. They're hack jobs and theives. Never once for any of the work I had done did I get paperwork. (Always picked up the truck after hours because of work schedule) they told me it would be on the front seat. Wasn't there called next day and they said they would mail it to me. Never received anything.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahhhhhhhhh, ok now it makes sense. And by now you would have had the leveling hardware eliminated from suspicion.