Alignment / Wheel Rotation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEchase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was noticing some wear on my front tires, so I decided to get an alignment and wheel rotation while I was getting the oil changed (oil change and wheel rotation were included with the purchase of the truck). Anyway, I asked for a wheel balance as well since I felt like there was a very slight shimmy in the right rear wheel. It wasn't major and was only really noticeable at 60+ on smooth interstates, but I figured 'Why not?'. They balanced the back wheels before rotating them up to the front.

The front alignment was out and set within specs. On my way home I noticed that my steering wheel was out 5-10 degrees to the right from center. It also seemed like I still felt a small shimmy in the back. The following day, I had all 4 wheels balanced at a different shop. They specifically said they did not notice any bent rims.

I still feel a slight shimmy at interstate speeds. It's not rattling my teeth out or anything and isn't noticeable with the wind beating you up with the windows down, but can be felt in your feet/knees with windows up. Sometimes I feel it around 45mph. I don't feel it in the steering wheel. It seems like the original rims and tire balance may not be the problem.

If the weights do come off a wheel, how bad will the wheel beat you up?
Do you have any thoughts as to what may be causing the slight shimmy in the back?
Would you take the truck back to have them recenter the steering wheel. I almost said something to them before they took the truck back, but figured any experienced tech would ensure the steering wheel is centered prior to finishing the alignment.

Thanks!

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What tires are u running. Sometimes that small vibration is just the tread

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MEchase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I edited that info in before I saw your reply. Original rims, pretty sure it's the original tires.

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those Goodyear SRAs are garage.
It takes most to replace them and fixes this problem.

Sent from my iPhone 7+