AmeriHood DR09AHTSFH on a 2010 TRX4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steel Chicken

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017, 2010
Engine
Cummins, Hemi 5.7
Wanted to leave some feedback and pictures for those of you looking into aftermarket hoods. My 2010 TRX4 got trashed by hail last year and I finally got around to replacing the hood. I loved the look of the Amerihood and it looked like it had decent airflow/functionality as well. I am a BIG fan of functional hoods that suck air out of the engine compartment, I have a Banshee hood for my GTO which made huge improvements in underhood temperatures.

I ordered the Amerihood off Amazon from AIT_Racing. My dealings with them were less than stellar and the hood was delivered a bit late. It also has some minor but noticeable flaws in the form. Instead of dealing with shipping it back or anything I just went with it and the bodyshop did the best they good with getting it all to line up right.

Pluses: Good looking functional hood, reasonably priced
Minuses: wasn't formed as well as it should have been, AIT_racing doesn't have their act together

Now to pictars!

IMG_1744_zpso58mjgbm.jpg

IMG_1741_zpsxubma5gt.jpg

IMG_1742_zpsgca3mvbd.jpg

MbMav

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good. Reminds me of a hood from a Maverick Grabber.

Ghost2013SCC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice look and functional hood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk