Anomaly in suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
Hello,
Allow to explain that I just bought this truck about a month ago.
Its a 1500 sport 4x4 single cab 2011.

When I installed some new proper tires (it previously had been using condoms) I came across this weird sight.

Well Ive never owned a ram before but there is for sure something weird in here.
I've made a video that walks your through the area; uploaded it to youtube and here is the link for you to watch it.

Its basically some weird bolts I found over the boing boings that go behind the wheels and into the chassis (sorry. Forgot the name in english.)

If anyone can provide me with his knowledge or even some example of the proper bolts that should go here, that would be great.

Maybe the previous owner did some modification and ended up making a mess. Well I really want to fix it and leave it properly installed.

Here is the link to the video I made and uploaded it to Youtube:
https://youtu.be/O_OjfEiK6xc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Those are the upper shock mount to frame nuts. There's only supposed to be 1 nut for each stud & no washers. Looks like previous owner or repair place did a half ass job at a fix. Might have to replace the upper mounts if the stud threads are damaged.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Yes, he's correct. That's corn cob repair job and should not be like that. You probably do need a new upper strut mount and the correct hardware. The things folks do sometimes amazes me. Good luck.

mitey22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that some homemade attempt at lowering the front. I would check the back for something stupid also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
Any idea where I can order the bolts or the whole peace?
Or where at least I could take a look at the proper bolts?

May indeed need to change the whole thing since some of them seem to be cut shorter.

****** hell I cant believe someone can be this nasty when working with a vehicle!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
The things folks do sometimes amazes me. Good luck.

It really ****** me off. It may be an attempt to lower the whole truck. It seems too low for me.

Will look on the back later today and report back.

Yes, he's correct. That's corn cob repair job and should not be like that. You probably do need a new upper strut mount and the correct hardware. The things folks do sometimes amazes me. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956