any in channel rain guard problems?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i had the AVS stick on vent shade/rain guards on but i removed them to remove the black vinyl decals on the doors because they were bubbling and cracking. obviously by removing the stick on vent shades it ruined the adhesive tape. its gonna be a pain in the ass to remove the rest of the sticky tape to apply new tape on the vent shades so i figured id buy the in channel shades. my buddy that works in a body shop said hes had problems with the in channel shades because of the auto up feature. has anyone had any issue with the auto up and the in channel shades?

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No problems here.

I've been running the WeatherTech in-channel product since 2008 on three different trucks with not one failure.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
i had the AVS stick on vent shade/rain guards on but i removed them to remove the black vinyl decals on the doors because they were bubbling and cracking. obviously by removing the stick on vent shades it ruined the adhesive tape. its gonna be a pain in the ass to remove the rest of the sticky tape to apply new tape on the vent shades so i figured id buy the in channel shades. my buddy that works in a body shop said hes had problems with the in channel shades because of the auto up feature. has anyone had any issue with the auto up and the in channel shades?

They're on my "to get" list, but in the meantime I've seen a number of people complain of problems with the auto-up stopping and going back down when it hits them for the first few tries. Most people seem to have the issue go away after the shades are fully seated by being in place with the windows up for a while.

-K

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Weathertechs.... they bounced back down the first 3 or 4 times I tried to put the window up, once up I left them up for 24 hours or so... not a issue since.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Weathertechs.... they bounced back down the first 3 or 4 times I tried to put the window up, once up I left them up for 24 hours or so... not a issue since.

Same thing mine did, but after 24 hours with the windows left up they work perfect.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Same. And the odd time it will bounce down now, but its rare.

The major problem I have had is the scratching of the glass... pissed me off but it's done now

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recommend the Weathertecs as well. I will only use the in channel style. I think the outside ones look tacky.

They're on my "to get" list, but in the meantime I've seen a number of people complain of problems with the auto-up stopping and going back down when it hits them for the first few tries. Most people seem to have the issue go away after the shades are fully seated by being in place with the windows up for a while.

-K

I had this issue at first with the Weathertecs but thankfully it worked itself out and never came back.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Leave windows closed for a day or so, that should set them up tight.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the AVS on mine and like others have said, the first few times maybe a hiccup but once they sit in SC summer sun a few days, no problems.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the AVS in channel on my 2015 with no problems. As mentioned previously leave your windows up for a couple of day to let them seat. Then you're good to go.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
putco in channel no problems

Attachments

• DSC00631.jpg
    DSC00631.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 12

Forum statistics