Any way to delay the auto headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine come on before the sun starts to even go down. It's still very very bright outside.

Is there any way to delay it? Besides manually turning them on and off?

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine comes on to soon as well. I noticed that the other day.

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you have a tool capable of modifying BCM settings, I believe I saw a setting in there for the ambient light level at which the auto headlights turn on. I've never had an issue, so I didn't play with it.

Do you have tinted windows by chance? I noticed the lights on my car come on way too early since I added tint, but that may be because I have a light tint on my windshield.

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
Maybe add a little light with a suction cup on the windshield aiming at the sensor ? Lol

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
excuse my ignorance,buy why is it an issue? aren't your drl's on anyway? or is it just markers on with the newer trucks?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Not all areas require daytime running lights. My truck doesn't have them. But I have a feeling that the issue is when the lights go on the radio and dash dim which makes it harder to see when it's still light out

Jerzey111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate this and use the switch manually. Shame as it's a convenient feature when implemented correctly

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not all areas require daytime running lights. My truck doesn't have them. But I have a feeling that the issue is when the lights go on the radio and dash dim which makes it harder to see when it's still light out

This.

Plus I have a Canadian truck and I want my amber lights on longer.

And save some hours on my new HID's.

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if unpluging that photocell would trip the canbus i mean then you just y
Use the switch like old times but id think it would make the puddle light not work