Anyone bought an aftermarket rear sliding window?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cowbell_Fever123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I though there was an option for manual rear sliders on regular cab trucks, if I am right, you should be able to buy an oem one from a dealership. Something to look into anyway.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would go to safelite or any other glass install place, and let them do the swap. When I got my 03, It had a broken slider, so I replaced my slider with a non-slider version. I personally like the clean look without the slider, but I do understand how someone would like the slider.

Laying glass is an art.

EDIT: Safelite quoted $495 installed for a 2012 single cab slider install (using my zip).

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought there was an option for manual rear sliders on regular cab trucks, if I am right, you should be able to buy an oem one from a dealership. Something to look into anyway.

There is/was. The OEM's are quite a bit more money on ebay. I guess I should check with the dealer. I might still go the OEM route, I like the flush look too. A lot of my driving is rural and short trips of a couple miles at a time so really don't need A/C a whole lot here in the North. Of course use the A/C when needed.

chorizo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
5,7L V8 Hemi
Don't do it. I bought a aftermarket sliding window off eBay and it eventually started leaking from bad drainage design. The local auto glass shop I had install it warned me to use Mopar OEM. Should of listened. After the problems, went back to same shop and they ordered a Mopar factory sliding back window for far less than the dealership would sell me one. Try that instead. Save you the headache in the long run. The few extra dollars you spend is worth the hassle and peace of mind.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I always get OEM windows because my astigmatism, aftermarket glass always makes objects look weird and missshaped unless the glass is flat.

I do use Safelite, but I always pay the extra for OEM glass, and it usually is within a a few hundred, but so worth it.