Anyone have a template for the sport hood stripes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are a ton of silver sports in my area, I'm going to be the first with the hood stripes seen on other colour sports. ( usually red, white, yellow ). I'm going to get them made in a light charcoal colour to accent the lighter silver

Anyone have a template I can bring to my guy that's making them? We sized some up today and working off pictures isn't working due to a flat picture and the curve of the hood. I'm just trying to help him out a bit and save some time.

Any help would be great!

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Here's an idea if you don't find a template. You could always use the picture for reference and create a template by laying down some painter's tape on your hood.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's a couple of brave souls that have attempted this floating around here some where in this section...look through a few pages and I'm sure you'll find them.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How about ordering the OEM vinyls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Damion

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How about ordering the OEM vinyls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OEM vinyls are a semi gloss / flat black. The stripes I'm going with are going to be a light charcoal colour a few shades darker than my paint so they stand out a bit but not totally grab your eye. If you had meant ordering th oems and using those as a template they run almost $ 250 from the dealership. A lot of coin for something that isn't really going to get used and possibly get made un useful while we are making a copy of them.

I've made a template off of my hood now we have to cut a few samples to get the sizing just right so it sits on the hood and follows the contours properly. I'll post pics once they are done and on. Hoping we can work at it this weekend.

BigWhiteSnake

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
The OEM vinyls are a semi gloss / flat black. The stripes I'm going with are going to be a light charcoal colour a few shades darker than my paint so they stand out a bit but not totally grab your eye. If you had meant ordering th oems and using those as a template they run almost $ 250 from the dealership. A lot of coin for something that isn't really going to get used and possibly get made un useful while we are making a copy of them.

I've made a template off of my hood now we have to cut a few samples to get the sizing just right so it sits on the hood and follows the contours properly. I'll post pics once they are done and on. Hoping we can work at it this weekend.
Did you end up being successful? I need a template as well.