Anyone running a soft tonneau?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wondered if anybody was running a soft tonneau cover and how you liked it? I'd love to see pics and hear your thoughts on what you went with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I had a tonno pro trifold. I liked it very well. I don't have any pictures but the worst thing about it is it stuck up it wasn't a low profile but it worked great for $300 it was hard to beat. Took about. 1 minute to get off if need be and 5ish to put back on of you ocd about how it lines up.

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the TruXport on my RAM and I really like it. If I where to do it again I would buy the lo pro one just for the better look of it.

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

Last edited:

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had an eXtang traditional soft tonneau with the tongue and groove snaps and their low profile velcro design on two different trucks. I'm not quite in the market for one yet, but considering the basic traditional design with the tongue and groove snaps again.

I had to deal with their customer service when the velcro design tonneau ripped off my Silverado in really strong winds while I was driving down the highway. They basically replaced the entire cover for free.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a Roll-up brand on my Ram for 10 years, and it still looked like new when I sold the truck. Should of kept in for my new ram. It is much nicer than the new OEM covers.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I love my truxedo ... rolls all the way to the glass when you need the bed..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

X2

Love mine but these covers are really personal preference/need. The soft covers are great but they are only about 95% water tight and security is, of course, not great. If that works for you, the Truxedos are great.

I really love how fast it rolls up and back. They are durable too. I've had knucklehead Home Depot fork lift drivers hit mine while loading things and it's held up fine.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Mopar OEM soft tonneau cover.
Love the look of it as it is fabric like a premium boat cover.
It's a bit of an hassle to remove it when the bed is needed.
Other than that - no complaints!

Attachments

• IMG_0595.jpg
    IMG_0595.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 147
OP
OP
Mudder

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great info guys, keep em coming if you've got one. I was looking at the roll ups but torn on the "low profile" ones or the ones that cover the side rails. I just need them to stash the baby stroller and luggage on trips to Alabama etc. Doesn't have to be super secure or water tight. Just keep the rain off it and such.

Robocop_9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm running a soft tri-fold by Tyger. It's built well, sturdy, fairly secure, and keeps the water out.
Very affordable at under 200 on amazon

16laramie4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great info guys, keep em coming if you've got one. I was looking at the roll ups but torn on the "low profile" ones or the ones that cover the side rails. I just need them to stash the baby stroller and luggage on trips to Alabama etc. Doesn't have to be super secure or water tight. Just keep the rain off it and such.

Main reason I got mine was to keep the stroller dry lol

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Running an Agricover Access Lorado here. Always ran their covers (this is my fourth truck with one) and never had any issues. The one here on the 2014 I installed myself, first time doing that, and it wasn't bad at all. They are a bit more expensive, but I've seen some of the cheaper covers on friends' trucks ($200-ish versus the Lorado's $400-ish), and although they were perfectly functional, this one looks better.

One winter and its first full summer now, and no issues at all.

20160628_235602_zpsd44ujjku.jpg

Last edited:

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I had one for a while. One trip up north, a 3 hour drive and it was wind damaged. Sagged the rest of the time I had it. Went to a Backflip and haven't missed the softcover since.

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the mopar tri fold that came with my Rebel. Surprisingly it keeps water out pretty well.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a $150 ebay trifold and it does exactly what i need it to. Keeps eyes off my the stuff in my bed and keeps it mostly/ relatively dry. It fits nice, its folds and clamps at 1/3 length for larger items when needed.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Main reason I got mine was to keep the stroller dry lol

Same here, and an extra 6 feet of lockable storage is nice to. That is with a Bakflip hard cover though.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Extang Trifecta. Easy to remove and install as needed. You need the tailgate open to lock/secure it. Nice, simple design over all. It has three strong metal cross members which make it quite sturdy. Winter snow weight has been a non-issue.
Several months ago one of the hinges broke. Even though it was well out of warranty, they sent a replacement free of charge. Last week another hinge broke, and another free replacement is on the way. So far customer service has been great, but if another hinge breaks, I will be seriously considering an alternative. Aside from the hinges it's awesome.

OP
OP
Mudder

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm leaning toward the Access TonnoSport one. Pretty good price, low profile and seems to get good reviews.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lo Pro QT love it. Shop around prices change a ton of some!