Atturo TrailBlade XT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpretti72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have any experience with the Atturo line of tires, specifically the TrailBlade XT or the TrailBlade MT? They seem to be pretty reasonably prices; just looking for unbiased real world experiences.

Atturo Tires - Trail Blade XT
TB_XT_Sml.jpg

Atturo Tires - Atturo Trail Blade MT
1306tr-06%2B2013-wheel-and-tire-guide%2Batturo-trail-blade-mt_.jpg

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never personally used them, but I've heard a lot of good things about the trail blade m/t, they seem to be gaining popularity quickly.

The XT must be new, I'm kind of a tire ***** and constantly switch tires and spend time reading and looking online lol.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I know the feeling! LOL

OP
OP
J

jpretti72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never personally used them, but I've heard a lot of good things about the trail blade m/t, they seem to be gaining popularity quickly.

The XT must be new, I'm kind of a tire ***** and constantly switch tires and spend time reading and looking online lol.

I think the XT maybe fairly new, but they do seem to be readily available. I would assume they are trying to keep up with the new Toyo RT and the Nitto EXO Grappler. I think these look better than the Nitto's for sure.

There is a guy advertising on the St. Louis Craigslist both of the above tires in both 33x12.50x20 or 35x12.50x20 for $249 each. Can see XT an MT in this picture.

33/12.50/20 atturo trailblades mt sl$249

4 Wheel & Off-Road Magazine seemed to like the MTs at the time of writing:

Atturo Trail Blade M/T - Tire Review - 4 Wheel & Off Road Magazine

I just hate to spend the money and then hate them and then have to turn around and by a Toyo or Nitto, so I am trying to proceed with caution.

Tfrizz80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought a set for my ecodiesel. 35 in mt. Love them so far. They roar a bit but that's to be expected. Will be a while before I get any milage reports on them tho.

atticusfaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just read that the xt only has a 2 ply sidewall for "ride comfort." They do look pretty badass though!

bigguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I just read that the xt only has a 2 ply sidewall for "ride comfort." They do look pretty badass though!

I read that they were 3-ply side wall. If they are 2 ply, I am all for ride comfort, low noise, with a beasty look.

I think I will buy a set today.

bigguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel

I read that they were 3-ply side wall. If they are 2 ply, I am all for ride comfort, low noise, with a beasty look.

I think I will buy a set today.

dmaw2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Any updates on these tires? I was thinking about ordering a set of the XT's. I like the look of mud terrain tires, but I really don't need anything that aggressive, so the XT's sound perfect. I've found very few reviews, but one I did find said they only lasted about 30,000 miles.

OP
OP
J

jpretti72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's been some time since my original post, so here is an update.

Back in October, I finally bit the bullet and decided to put the level on my truck and get some wheels and tires. Long story short, I ended up with Bilstein's set at 2.1, 17" Method Race Wheels and 35x12x17 Atturo Trailblade XT's.

Overall, I am pretty happy with their performance on and off the road; however, in my opinion, they are a little on the noisy side and I think they are hit and miss from a quality control perspective. I have had three different people try to balance these tires and have gotten three different results each time. They are probably as close as they are going to get to being perfect at this point which still results in overall disappointment in ride quality and drive-ability. The truck will drive perfect on the interstate and then all of the sudden it will start vibrating for no reason and then go away.

I was on a budget when I set out on this path and in this case I think I got what I paid for. If you are on a budget, these are things you might expect to encounter if you go with the Atturo's and a simple google search would probably yield the same info. If budget is not an issue I would recommend steering you more towards a brand name tire.

I did buy my wheels/tires from Custom Offsets and after I bought my setup they came out with this which also details my findings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGnOcUq9BA

Hope this is helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_1523.jpg
    IMG_1523.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 185

dmaw2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It was helpful, I also watched the next episode about hybrid tires. Seems to be without question, I should go with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I was torn between those and the XT's because of price. I think I might spend the $300 extra to avoid any troubles.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I had a set. Hated them. Balance issues. One minute running 70 they'd be smooth. Next minute feel like all out of balance. Not to mention heavy as lead. I replaced a set of 33x12.50/20 trail blade xt with 275/65/20 bfg ko2. Just the trail blade xt tire was nearly as heavy as the bfg with rim mounted. They're also loud as a MT tire. Overall they suck

OP
OP
J

jpretti72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a set. Hated them. Balance issues. One minute running 70 they'd be smooth. Next minute feel like all out of balance. Not to mention heavy as lead. I replaced a set of 33x12.50/20 trail blade xt with 275/65/20 bfg ko2. Just the trail blade xt tire was nearly as heavy as the bfg with rim mounted. They're also loud as a MT tire. Overall they suck

That is pretty much what I am experiencing with them as well. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10,000 miles on them now and are ready for them to be wore out. At times, I have even considered going back to my stock 20's, but I paid for them so they are going to stay on.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That is pretty much what I am experiencing with them as well. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10,000 miles on them now and are ready for them to be wore out. At times, I have even considered going back to my stock 20's, but I paid for them so they are going to stay on.
Yup. I even contemplated going to stock Goodyear's on mine just to get rid of them ****** tires.