Auto up window question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expressthis13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So quick question I went to a local truck shop to see about some avs in channel visors and he recommeded not purchasing them due to the auto up feature I guess the window does not like them it feels some resistance and therefor rolls back down this what owners of some f150's have complained who have to the auto up feature so I didn't purchase them. So I'm just asking if anyone has them n so do you have this issue. Thanks

sent from tapatalk using my thumb :)

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So quick question I went to a local truck shop to see about some avs in channel visors and he recommeded not purchasing them due to the auto up feature I guess the window does not like them it feels some resistance and therefor rolls back down this what owners of some f150's have complained who have to the auto up feature so I didn't purchase them. So I'm just asking if anyone has them n so do you have this issue. Thanks

I have the auto up feature and have to use the window daily to get on base and have not experienced any problems yet. Not sure what the AVS channel is though.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I have them, too. No issues whatsoever after the first time I put them on and tried them. The passenger front window went down the very first time, but I just manually held the button up and forced it into the track and let it stay like that for a couple days. No issues since that time. Now, my wife's F-150 does have some issues with the passenger side front window. It does come down about half the time. Maybe not even that often anymore. Just put them on as high in the channel as you can and roll the window up hard and let it sit closed for a couple days and you will probably be ok.

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get the in-channels, they look 10x better and the directions say to roll the windows up and down about 5 times after that your good to go! Never had an issue with my EGR in-channels.

Last edited:

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the EGR in channel vent shades and they work great! I did try the AVS ones before I got the EGRs and I had trouble with them. They constantly made the windows roll back down. I sent them back and got the EGRs and I haven't had them roll back down once. The EGR vent shades are much better quality too!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I have vent shades too. Dont know which brand as I bought my truck used and really haven't looked into them, but the windows roll up fine and stay up.

OP
OP
E

expressthis13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks guys. I had egr in channels in my silverado but my drivers side kept coming down with the window and I would always have to push it back up that's why I was thinking avs but if you guys have issues with avs ill go egr like you guys have then. I don't use my auto up anyway I think its a lazy feature personally I mean how hard is it to hold a button for 5 or 6 seconds. If you just hold the button like normal would it still roll back down on its own? All the rain we've had here the past couple days I have really missed my in channels badly

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure if holding the button when rolling it up will make it roll back down but I do know that every time I rolled my windows up with the AVS even if it didn't roll back down I could hear the window catching the vent shade when it went up. With the EGRs it rolls up and down nice and clean every time!!

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Every once and a while when my window is going "auto" up, if I hit a decent bump it goes right back down. Only once in a while but it does it.

Jake2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have AVS and haven't had any problems.

OP
OP
E

expressthis13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I will be getting my egrs today hopefully all goes well

OP
OP
E

expressthis13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Got my egrs and no issues at all. Look great. I'm very happy to have inchannels back again. Thanks for the input guys

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad you're happy with them!! I love mine!!!