Back racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Anyone have a Back Rack on their 4th gen ? im considering one for my truck, and also looking to install some off road lighting for the up coming winter...

Was curious to see if anyone has pictures of their own with lighting set up on it ??? if so what accessory mount did you use ??? considering KC Lites or PIAA's

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
PIAA's are sick man, they light up everything without any negative effects to oncoming traffic. I think most guys are running them with light bars these days in the front. I personally like the lights up on the cab, but they are kind of the joke at the water cooler these days in a lot of the 4x4 forums, for what it's worth. But get the PIAA's if you don't mind spending a little more, way worth it. Don't have any info on the racks though.

OP
OP
Caldwell

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would love to throw a 30'' light bar up on top of my truck, but that's just way to much $$$, and im content with 2-4 Halogen OR lights...

I don't go hunting, or have a true work related need for them, but I would like to have them for night time driving in the snow mainly with winter coming close. I basically want to build my truck to be a true " Utility " capable vehicle.

Last edited:

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Lights above a certain height are for off road only and are supposed to be covered in PA
They'd probably make driving in the snow worse too

OP
OP
Caldwell

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Stangshcky12, you are correct sir.

when I get to that point of ordering lighting I will have covers.

After thinking about this topic. My grandfather is a skilled Arc Welder, It makes me wonder if he could build a custom one ? I have always wanted to learn how to weld, and think it would be cool to " build " something for my truck from scratch.

OP
OP
Caldwell

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I think im going to ask him. He has a lot of varying stainless steel @ his shop. Who knows maybe stay posted, and I will have a custom one built.

just need to figure out how manufactured Back Racks mount to our trucks.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Can't beat a stainless rack and an opportunity to spend time with your grandfather learnin to weld
I believe the go the width of they bed and have piece of angle bolted through the bed rails