Bad luck ram.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after my newly purchased ram smacked a deer 1 day in ownership.... I just did something dumb and backed into a parked vehicle, they have some damage, on bumper and back hatch.

My damage is my bumper, nice size dent in the left side and bumper seems to be jarred up some and not sitting how it should..

My question is how have you guys dealt with this?? I already had the police out and they wrote me a ticket thing for what happened. Thinking I just call my insurance asap? And then decide if I wanna repair it myself or file a claim??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The deer hit should be covered by your insurance (minus a deductible). That is something that most insurance companies don't balk at.

I'm curious as to why you got a ticket for backing into a parked vehicle. I've been in LE for 24 years and have never seen that. Some departments are just sticklers for writing cites for everything I guess. Is it a ticket where you have to pay a fine? Innattentive Driving? Something like that?

You should call your insurance company ASAP and report it. They will take care of the other persons vehicle...and get an estimate on your vehicle.

If your estimate isn't very high...then pay out of pocket yourself. If its much higher than your deductible then file the claim and your insurance company will pay for the damage (minus the deductible).

Summer of 2016 I was driving to Maine in my 2014 Durango. I hit a dead deer in the middle of the highway after the vehicle in front of me barely missed it. The estimate for the front air dam/fascia damage was $740. My deductible was $500. It wasn't worth filing the claim and possibly having higher rates so I just paid for it out of pocket.

The issue here is that there is damage to another vehicle. Report it to your insurance company.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
He is going to have higher rates due to backing up into a parked car. Might as well let ins take care of his truck also.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He is going to have higher rates due to backing up into a parked car. Might as well let ins take care of his truck also.

Yep.

The only way you save on insurance is if they never find out about it in the first place. If you've already called them, your rates are going up. May as well make them pay for your repairs, as long as it costs more than your deductible.

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Believe the ticket is a moving violation, thought that was normal to write a ticket for hitting something like that