Bakflip fibermax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed my fibermax tonneau about 3 weeks ago. Have not put anything on top of it. Last weekend had some good heavy rain and I was pulling groceries out of the bed and noticed water in the bed. Any ideas? I emailed bakflip and they told me the pictures I sent they don't think anything is wrong and can't understand why water got in the bed. I removed the front cap from the plastic Berliner and installed the gasket that came with the kit so it sealed better as I plan on getting a spray in liner anyways. I love my cover otherwise. It's nice and sleek looking on the truck. And I see tons of people with these covers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Almost none will be waterproof. Water can get in the seams of the tailgate, the tailgate itself, or if its not sealed at the cab side. If you have a spray in or a plastic bedliner this also traps what water gets in so it can drain out from the front or rear of the bed making it seem much worse.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Whatch all their videos, they all say that no tonneau is completely waterproof. Water is going to get in; but it shouldn't be a lot of water

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cab side was leaking. I actually found the leak. It followed the channel down and was dripping in the middle of the bed. A little realignment of the cover cleared it up... now it's a small drop which I can live with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk