Bakflip Revolver X2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bugjuice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I installed this Tonneau Cover. Install was pretty straight forward and I really like the way its looks. Its low profile and seems pretty sturdy. Opening the cover is easy and I like how it doesn't block the rear window if I have to drive with it open.

I also installed black Rams head emblems front and rear. I'm getting the side emblems painted to match.

22D31CC0-9FC6-4659-9826-3F9C25F49A8F.jpg

2B542B35-D8E9-410E-978C-B567E23DE79F.jpg

B7773F46-A2B1-48C4-8354-5660BC0D8913.jpg

n

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good, I just ordered a cover for mine. But it's a different brand.

Nightrider15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nicely done! Did you buy those emblems on eBay or DIY the stock emblems?

m4mckeen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What kind of bedlinner is that it looks good?

OP
OP
B

Bugjuice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind of bedlinner is that it looks good?

It's the Mopar spray in Bedliner that came from the factory. I washed the bed area with car wash soap and all purpose cleaner then sprayed it with some detail spray as I dryed it.

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice...... I am seriously thinking about getting this cover.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I know it has been awhile, an old thread, but OP can you please revisit and post a review. Looks like you have had this cover for roughly nine months or so. How does it handle the rainy season? Does it keep water out? Any sun damage? Likes and dislikes of the cover?

Anybody else with experience with this please advise also.

Photos please?

Thank you. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bugjuice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know it has been awhile, an old thread, but OP can you please revisit and post a review. Looks like you have had this cover for roughly nine months or so. How does it handle the rainy season? Does it keep water out? Any sun damage? Likes and dislikes of the cover?

Anybody else with experience with this please advise also.

Photos please?

Thank you. :)

I still love this cover. Its not 100% water proof but I only really get a little water near the tailgate. I suppose a tailgate seal would take care of that. My only real complaint about this cover is that when I have the rear sliding window open I can hear the slats in the cover rattling. The first time I heard the noise it kind of freaked me out because I thought the hardware came loose on the cover. Nothing a cranking up the radio won't fix ha.

Overall it really is a nice cover. I get a lot of compliments and people asking me where I got it. It looks great in both the closed and rolled up positions.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I have the original BAK Roll-x for about 15 months now. No issues. Not 100% water tight, more like 98%, but still completely happy.

I will post back a few pics in a day or two of notable items when I get the chance.

Up All Night Sleep All Day via my LG G4 on Tapatalk

Last edited:

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thank you to the above two posts.

navyjoe11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love mine hemipower power, but I have been unable to completely water proof mine. I always have minor leaks. Install was a bit of a PITA for me due to fitment issues

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I have the exact same tonneau for about 6 months now. No leaks and looks good. If there was anything I don't like about it I'd say that it bounces when I drive and hit bumps. I had a bakflip fibermax before this one and it never moved. Then again I had the 6'4" bed before and now I have an 8' bed. That may have something to do with it. If I had to decide all over again, I'd still buy Revolution X2 again. The rails lock the tonneau in place in the sides for good security. Also, I used to have to open my tonneau to close the tailgate (because of the rubber lip) , now I don't. This one is also easier to close than the bakflip. No weight to lift, just roll it and it keeps going on its own until it's closed then I just click it locked.

I hope that is enough info for anyone asking questions about the Revolution X2.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

CZSteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Bugjuice or Birddog - Do you know or mind measuring how much space the rolled up takes up in the bed in the open position when strapped down?
Looking for a measurement from the inside of the front bed bulkhead to the back of the rolled cover - hoping it's no more than 11"

Thanks,
Steve

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Bugjuice or Birddog - Do you know or mind measuring how much space the rolled up takes up in the bed in the open position when strapped down?
Looking for a measurement from the inside of the front bed bulkhead to the back of the rolled cover - hoping it's no more than 11"

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve

I measured my from the inside wall back to as far as the tonneau roll covers the bed like you asked. It's exactly 12" BUT I don't keep it rolled up tight toward the glass. When I rolled it forward it was 11" BUT [here comes even better news for you maybe] I have an 8 foot bed which means my tonneau roll up is larger than for a 6'4" bed. If you have the 6'4" bed you are golden because it's probably around 8 or 9". Now, I bet that's the best run-on sentence you ever read in your LIFE!:superhack::word:

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great, and good to know it holds up over time. I will want a cover and have been looking at the bakflip covers.

CZSteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks Birddog!
I have a 5-7 bed so even better / tighter diameter - Golden as you said.

Thanks again!

rogram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all, This is my first post to the forum, as I've only had my Ram for a few days now. I think I've narrowed down to this Revolver X2 to fit my 1500 6'4" bed with RamBox. Does anyone have a photo with this cover installed with Rambox? Not even the factory seems to have one.

Also, where are people buying these? I've seen list-price, or discounts down to about 950, but had earlier seen some comments (which I now can't find) that that is paying much too much. I tried tonneaucovered, but didn't hear back from them.

Also tried site sponsor autoanything (like to help sponsors) but their discount did not seem to apply to the cover)

Any sources appreciated.
Thanks all.
Roger