Bed bars yes or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bri6679

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
775dea2358efb1b35f824598f232865f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bri6679

bri6679

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My friend said the same thing I wanted to mount a antenna I thought this might be a good way to do so

Racefan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport
Engine
********* here (I guess, I try to be nice and considerate to everyone, but my vehicle preferences apparently state otherwise), I don't think they are ******* at all. A little redneck, maaaaybe, but not *******. I'm a big fan of rollbars and have been since I first saw Marty's truck in BTTF when I was 5 years old, over 30 years ago. I've had two trucks and both of them have had a rollbar on them, including my current '11. I get that they're not for everyone, but neither are 14 lightbars, ultrabright LED/HID headlights, 12" lifts, or tires that stick out a foot. It may be true that some ********** put these things on their trucks, but not everyone who has these things are **********. Just like everything else, the few ruin it for the many. My rollbar doesn't affect anyone, unlike stuff like those blinding lights, or tires that stick out and throw rocks everywhere, or even the ridiculous camber that people are throwing at their cars these days, all of which are safety concerns.

I'm not trying to be nasty or defensive with this rant, like I said I'm a pretty nice guy generally, but it always bugs me when people put down others preferences just because it's not their cup of tea, regardless of what it is. I don't like everything that everyone else does to their vehicle, but I realize that it's just not my thing even though it may be theirs. We all share a common interest here, and there are a ton of beautiful Rams on here, but there's no way we could all possibly like everything about every one of them.

It all comes down to your own preference. If you're considering it, just Google pics of them and see what you like, it's your truck after all. How do you feel about something like a Back Rack? If I didn't have a rollbar I'd have one of them. They're very functional, you can install antennas, spotlights, backup lights, revolving lights, etc on them, and use them for tying stuff down if need be, plus they provide great protection for your rear window.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I like the bars. I haven't done it yet. However I like the SVC light tower. Only available for the ford raptor. However, I reached out to them and found they are only like 2 hours from me. They said they have fitted other local trucks and could do mine. Siiiiiiick.
2d1160dd9146e7cc92740a01c3036f3d.jpg
I am also considering this head ache rack by Nfab. Pretty functional. But, the light tower by SVC is a little less over bearing in design. Which I like.
35c4b96020d258ed939d558363974dbf.jpg

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Since you asked, looks stupid and went out of vogue with the 1980's action TV show trucks used in "Fall Guy" and "Simon & Simon".

Then again it is your truck, do what you want because I could care less what others think what I do with mine.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
********* here (I guess, I try to be nice and considerate to everyone, but my vehicle preferences apparently state otherwise), I don't think they are ******* at all. A little redneck, maaaaybe, but not *******. I'm a big fan of rollbars and have been since I first saw Marty's truck in BTTF when I was 5 years old, over 30 years ago. I've had two trucks and both of them have had a rollbar on them, including my current '11. I get that they're not for everyone, but neither are 14 lightbars, ultrabright LED/HID headlights, 12" lifts, or tires that stick out a foot. It may be true that some ********** put these things on their trucks, but not everyone who has these things are **********. Just like everything else, the few ruin it for the many. My rollbar doesn't affect anyone, unlike stuff like those blinding lights, or tires that stick out and throw rocks everywhere, or even the ridiculous camber that people are throwing at their cars these days, all of which are safety concerns.

I'm not trying to be nasty or defensive with this rant, like I said I'm a pretty nice guy generally, but it always bugs me when people put down others preferences just because it's not their cup of tea, regardless of what it is. I don't like everything that everyone else does to their vehicle, but I realize that it's just not my thing even though it may be theirs. We all share a common interest here, and there are a ton of beautiful Rams on here, but there's no way we could all possibly like everything about every one of them.

It all comes down to your own preference. If you're considering it, just Google pics of them and see what you like, it's your truck after all. How do you feel about something like a Back Rack? If I didn't have a rollbar I'd have one of them. They're very functional, you can install antennas, spotlights, backup lights, revolving lights, etc on them, and use them for tying stuff down if need be, plus they provide great protection for your rear window.

The poster asked for opinion and that's what they got. I'm fairly confident he didn't get insulted. :)

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the idea but not that particular one.
If I was to get one I'll get the FabFours headache rack and the add there kicker bars to give it the roll bar look.

Or have a metal ship build something custom like this I saw a few weeks ago
534b0530b5c794e1bd32df3f2634dd1a.jpg

Sent from the fetal position using Tapatalk

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

You do you, OP asked YES or No.My answer NO

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The one the OP posted looks a lot better when properly installed....

23362648073_63d3f5224e_b.jpg

23362690353_57e7cf8f9e_b.jpg

Took me a couple of days to get it lined up properly and positioned so it wasn't a mile behind the cab.

And hopefully today, I get the lighting installed (finally)...

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
headache racks are pretty cool but I have still yet to find the perfect shaped one maybe I will have it done custom.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do you guys think doing a nice roll bar, head ache rack or etc.,

Will look nice with a light bar instead of round lights? I think it will give a modern refresh over an 80s look. I think it will look good and also alleviate some of the common complaints with windshield mounted bars, which are:

Drilling into the door ram or roof. Massive wind noise and light reflecting off the hood producing a glare back at your face.

I think light tower in the back (SVC light tower) would be extremely functional.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you guys think doing a nice roll bar, head ache rack or etc.,

Will look nice with a light bar instead of round lights? I think it will give a modern refresh over an 80s look. I think it will look good and also alleviate some of the common complaints with windshield mounted bars, which are:

Drilling into the door ram or roof. Massive wind noise and light reflecting off the hood producing a glare back at your face.

I think light tower in the back (SVC light tower) would be extremely functional.

Only problem is, most of the light will get caught on the long roof of the truck, unless the light bar is mounted a few inches higher than the roof, which would look odd. I'm doing 4 round lights on mine, wired on 2 circuits (outer lights separate from inner lights) mostly for looks, but the outer will be aimed slightly outward to be functional when I'm working in the farm fields for a friend of mine this Fall. Also doing 2 rear facing hanging rounds as auxiliary reverse/cargo lights.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only problem is, most of the light will get caught on the long roof of the truck, unless the light bar is mounted a few inches higher than the roof, which would look odd. I'm doing 4 round lights on mine, wired on 2 circuits (outer lights separate from inner lights) mostly for looks, but the outer will be aimed slightly outward to be functional when I'm working in the farm fields for a friend of mine this Fall. Also doing 2 rear facing hanging rounds as auxiliary reverse/cargo lights.

You could always do/maker an Led light bar actuator http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/light-bar-actuator-44371/

OP
OP
bri6679

bri6679

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think I'm opting to put my light bar in the bumper between the fog lights just have to fabricate 2 brackets

OP
OP
bri6679

bri6679

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The one the OP posted looks a lot better when properly installed....

23362648073_63d3f5224e_b.jpg

23362690353_57e7cf8f9e_b.jpg

Took me a couple of days to get it lined up properly and positioned so it wasn't a mile behind the cab.

And hopefully today, I get the lighting installed (finally)...
I was actually going to get my truck in this color but there were none in my area