Bed bars yes or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a fan. But I grew up back when trucks were over the top. I miss triple-hoop roll bars and chrome everything.

They do serve a purpose. It's a good place to mount your long-range pencil beam lights so they can reach as far as possible. Also great for antennas, cargo lights, and air horns. Like so many other add-ons, it's what you do with it that makes it good or bad.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not the look i'll want for any of my trucks but whatever make your eyes happy. That's why when i do a mod i don't ask people what do they think, i coudn't give a damn as it's my truck and not theirs.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMO they look terrible on 4 door trucks, I think they look good on single cab longbed trucks. These beds have been shrunk down enough and the roll bars make the cab look bigger and the bed look smaller.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol @ another 3 year old post dig
Why would that matter?

It’s actually relevant and brings the subject back up. And obviously people are still interested because they’re joining in.

I’m just uncertain why the date of previous posts matters much. I feel like the old posts provide context and maybe people interested in “bed bars” could still get something out of this thread especially if more is added to the now ongoing convo.

CRickyRam85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I'm late to this party but. . .

I like the look. Old school. I'm looking at the Black Horse Classic roll bar for my truck.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
IMO anything in the bed takes away from the look of the truck. And I'm not a fan of mounting **** unless you really use it but that's just me.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after a whole full year since the last time i posted abot this the sentiment is still the same for me, HELL No...

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like em. Gives me extra tie down points in the back when hauling. Even has hand grips when people are in the back. Eventually plan to add some lights.

Lonestar.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn