Bed Cover Options: Too Many

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So up until recently, I was set on the BAK Revolver X2. In the past I ran the Truxedo Lo Pro and had no issues.

I am wanting something a little nicer then the lo pro which is why the X2 stood out. I have read some reviews saying winter time is rough on the revolver.

I am not opposed to a fold up type but I am honestly not a fan of having to block my back window to have it all the way up.

Is there something else I should be looking at? I am not super concerned with security, as I have had the soft tops in the past with no issues and I don't keep valuables insecure anyways.

What other tops are people running?

Those of you with the Revolver, what are your thoughts? Road noise, cold weather, rain, etc.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brother in law has a hard roll up. It's almost like accordion style. Slides into the box. It's not bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the roll ups lie the revolver are very good but I have heard of people finding it a little difficult to roll up in the winter. not impossible just harder than usual. Bak is a great brand and you pretty much cant go wrong with them. Our customers love them and I have used the Fibermax myself and really liked it a lot. I know you don't like the idea of blocking your back window but what I like about the fold up vs a roll up is you don't loose bed space when you have the cover open. If you have something large that takes up most of the bed the cover could be there difference between closing the tailgate or not.

Like I said either option is a good one but it comes down to your needs and wants. personally I am a BAK Fibermax fan. If you need any pricing let me know, we offer discounts to our members here!

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am pretty much set on an Undercover Ultraflex - plan on ordering in the next couple of weeks. It seems like the BAK get very poor reviews as far as being water proof / resistant.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am pretty much set on an Undercover Ultraflex - plan on ordering in the next couple of weeks. It seems like the BAK get very poor reviews as far as being water proof / resistant.
I've had BAK products on my personal vehicles and with correct install never had an issue. Undercover makes a very good product as well. Nice choice

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lakingslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This is the second truck I've used the "Fold-a-cover" hard folding tonneau cover and haven't had a complaint yet from myself. The first one lasted me over 10 years in the so-cal hot sun.

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok..

And yeah I do go back and forth on the hard style folding ones.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I installed a Retrax PRO MX today. If you have instagram I have photos there @elviratheram It is supposed to go on very easy, and it usually does. Most of mine I did by myself, but mine requires a little more adjustment. I'm pleased with it.

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Little out of my budget haha. They do look nice though.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I saved a bunch from tonneaufactoryoutlet.com. Morrie is one of their sales guys. It was a little over $1500 shipped. Great customer service there.

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I will check them out. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Purchased one ( an ultraflex) in July. Must have been made on a Monday or Friday because it was very bad. Not a month in and the seal was peeling where the bed meets the cab and on the passenger side seal. Just a heads up. For as expensive as it is, the quality was crap. Needless to say, it's off my truck.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So up until recently, I was set on the BAK Revolver X2. In the past I ran the Truxedo Lo Pro and had no issues.

I am wanting something a little nicer then the lo pro which is why the X2 stood out. I have read some reviews saying winter time is rough on the revolver.

I am not opposed to a fold up type but I am honestly not a fan of having to block my back window to have it all the way up.

Is there something else I should be looking at? I am not super concerned with security, as I have had the soft tops in the past with no issues and I don't keep valuables insecure anyways.

What other tops are people running?

Those of you with the Revolver, what are your thoughts? Road noise, cold weather, rain, etc.

Have you seen the truxedo pro X15? Low profile and looks awesome

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Have you seen the truxedo pro X15? Low profile and looks awesome

This is another contender. And to be honest, the more I think about it the more Truxedo is winning. Mainly due to the fact that I have had 2 Lo Pro in the past and never had a single issue. I do like the pro with its matte appearance bc it would be easier to keep clean and looking good I think.

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Went with the Truxedo Pro x15. Morrie and Lori from https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/ were great. And the price was awesome as well. Wife ordered it as a "secret" anniversary gift, but I still had chat open so I asked if she did while I was in the shower, knowing she had since my iPad had been moved which had the email quote lol.

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Purchased one ( an ultraflex) in July. Must have been made on a Monday or Friday because it was very bad. Not a month in and the seal was peeling where the bed meets the cab and on the passenger side seal. Just a heads up. For as expensive as it is, the quality was crap. Needless to say, it's off my truck.

It has a 5 year warranty - I assume they replaced it?

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It has a 5 year warranty - I assume they replaced it?

The accessories business I purchased it from gave me the run around and I had to go straight to undercover. All they were willing to do is send replacement seals. They were replaced and I sold the cover. I am not upset with undercover as much as how unprofessional the business was who sold me the cover.

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The accessories business I purchased it from gave me the run around and I had to go straight to undercover. All they were willing to do is send replacement seals. They were replaced and I sold the cover. I am not upset with undercover as much as how unprofessional the business was who sold me the cover.

I see. Man, it is so hard to find a tri-fold (hard) that doesn't have negative reviews somewhere. I thought I had narrowed it down but now I am reconsidering. What a PITA.