Bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dezzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok fellas looking for some input on what type of bed liner to get...Iv gotten some info from my buddies and what not but what do you prefer? Spray in or plastic liners? Which in your opinion is better? Looking to get one within the next few weeks I know the price difference is pretty big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the spray on liner and would recommend it over the drop in liner.

It doesn't scratch the paint but protects it. The drop in takes up some space(not much) but spray on takes no space.Spray in is the perfect fit. No vibration or noise. No fading,cracking or warping. Looks better. Better resale value!:)

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
have factory spray in love it would never use a plastic liner again.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Line-x spray liner if aftermarket. Have had on last 2 trucks before this one. Current has factory spray liner. Have had plastic drop in liners in the past, will never go back to one.

Hbrichman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have spray in aswell on my 2014 and it's worked excellent so far. Would definitely have to agree with the others and say spray in for sure.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Drop ins are great for protecting heavy loads, but trap moisture. Best thing ever get lineX, if by chance you want a plastic liner or bed rug after that, whatever. I've ran many bedliners, I've ran LineX 3 times will never run anything else. But I also will get a bed rug for the top of my lineX when I get around to it.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My 2 cents! I had to remove my drop in bed liner to get a bolt I dropped when installing my Head Ache Rack.. It sucked getting it out BUT glad I did take it out. Alot of dirt/dust under it and hay,! Previous owner hauled some hay and that was also under the cover. Washed the bed and will get Spray in soon.
So like others have said the Plastic drop in can scratch the bed ( mine not bad) moisture not a issue for me, BUT if I were to stay with the plastic liner I would add the rubber bed mat first

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dezzle

Dezzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome thanks for the input everyone just bought a tonneau cover and yes the moisture getting under the plastic liner was my main concern living in N.E. Ohio weather seems to be more ****** than nice lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the cheap spray can spray in liners and I do like it. I dont recommend the cheap stuff but spending the extra money and getting the good stuff... not sure what the good stuff is. I am a do it myselfer and dont want to bring it to a shop to have line-x put in. Anyone that has done it themselves, what did you use?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I got a Bullet Liner in my truck, awesome quality and has stood strong for 2 years now.
The reason I went with Bullet Liner is because there is a dealer right down the road from me, and if you want to colour match they provide that option as well.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I did the cheap spray can spray in liners and I do like it. I dont recommend the cheap stuff but spending the extra money and getting the good stuff... not sure what the good stuff is. I am a do it myselfer and dont want to bring it to a shop to have line-x put in. Anyone that has done it themselves, what did you use?
With my buddy's jeep, we tore out the interior carpet and used a kit he got from amazon to spray the whole interior.
It sprayed on nice and has been in there for 4 years and still holding up well and it's a daily driver.

https://www.amazon.com/U-POL-Tintable-TRUCK-LINER-COATING-Bedliner/dp/B002M0S9AE

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Dezzle

Dezzle

Reaction score
Ram Year