BedRug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone used these,Do they rust the bed and are they really as durable as they say?I would be worried about mold and mildew.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
They're awesome. They have an anti microbial in the fabric and it's completely synthetic. I have a tonneau cover so it keeps the bed mostly dry but I've had snow and water get in and the bed dries out on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mangus2k13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the bed tred version. Awesome product.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love mine under a tonneau. It looks and feels like carpet, but it isn't. Its a gas/oil resistant kind of foam material that is somehow made to look like carpet on the top side and molded to the bed on the other. It isn't like carpet with a foam backing. More like all one piece. Surprisingly light weight too. Easy on the knees if you need to climb in the bed. Try and actually see one somewhere. I spilled oil on mine and actually cleaned it by spraying it down with brake cleen and hosing it off.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BedRug gets a big thumbs up from me. Just installed one in new truck and had one for over 5 years in last truck. Check out my thread further down to see a couple of pics.

kwend

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was lucky enough to find a new one on CL for $300.00. LOVE IT

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Love mine!

OP
OP
HemiStarPower

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone for the response! I found some online that have the Ram logo on it.

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
Wait a minute.. not quite correct information.

The rug portion IS carpet. The carpet is made of polypropylene. There is no anti-microbial coating.

The polypropylene carpet and underlying closed cell foam will not absorb liquids. However, they will sort of hold liquids and the polypropylene fibers can stain and tear.

That being said, it's a good product for what it is. It's good for light to medium duty, most liquids will wash out, but twigs, grass, and junk like that do not wash out easily.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That being said, it's a good product for what it is. It's good for light to medium duty, most liquids will wash out, but twigs, grass, and junk like that do not wash out easily.

I never had a problem getting twigs, grass or even mulch off of BedRug surface with just a broom or running to the self serve carwash and using the high pressure wand with or without soap. Leave it in the sun for a few hours and it is as dry as a bone.

mangus2k13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wait a minute.. not quite correct information.

The rug portion IS carpet. The carpet is made of polypropylene. There is no anti-microbial coating.

The polypropylene carpet and underlying closed cell foam will not absorb liquids. However, they will sort of hold liquids and the polypropylene fibers can stain and tear.

The bedrug/ bedtred is design not stain because the polypropylene has no pores for liquids to be store in the material. Plus the foam padding is made from the same material as wetsuits so it does not absorb liquid.

Last edited:

LOFSFIRE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 CC Sport Copperhead Pearl & 2011 1500 CC Sport Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ 8 speed ~ 5.7 Hemi w/ 6 speed
Has anyone used these,Do they rust the bed and are they really as durable as they say?I would be worried about mold and mildew.

In my old truck '98 F150 I had a DEEZEE bed rug knock off basicly the same but each panel was its own piece. 3 walls, 1 floor, 1 tailgate and 2 small end pieces at the very back of the bed by the tailgate. No problems with it other than all the panels. The paint looked new when I sold it last year.

Bought the RAM Bedrug because I did not want all the different pieces plus its nicer. I have had a little of everything in my trucks. Camping wood, drywall (34 sheet loaded to the max) Lumber, dirty fire hose after a house fire, etc. If I put something in that is dirty I do put a blue tarp down just so I don't have to wast time cleaning. I try to keep my truck spotless inside and out!

Had a friend the had a daily driver truck with a Bedrug and no cover ever. He never had any problems with it.

OP
OP
HemiStarPower

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I borrowed a buddy's F150 with the bedrug, it sure has a nice feel to it. Kept everything from shifting and made it easy to climb in.

I don't haul anything too dirty, just stuff for DIY work around the house. The truck sits 5 out of 7 days. My main concern was rusting out the bed or mold/mildew between the rug and the bed.

Thanks again for the responses!

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bedrug is the ****, never a problem with spills, rust, twiggs etc... it's close to being a perfect product and one of my favorite mods to date. if I were a commercial truck I would do LineX but the daily drivers BedRug is where its at. Worth every penny.

Jabalone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To add to the Bedrug love-in.... it also has the benefit of being removable if you sell the truck (move it to another ram or sell it used) and it's usually a little cheaper than spray in. Also, the company has a great warranty and based on owner comments online, stands by the product with good customer service (if you do run into any problems, which most do not).

Taxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have one, love it. No problems.