Bedrug question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eaglefrq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am thinking about getting a Bedrug and everything that I have read has been positive. My wife was talking with a co-worker and he said a couple of friends have them and reported rust issues due to water being trapped underneath them.

Since I have not heard of this, I wanted post the question here since many people have them.

I was originally thinking about Line-X, but then started reading about the Bedrugs and I want to make sure before purchasing.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I run a bed rug in mine, it's over my spray in liner. The backing of the rug is a plastic foam type material, it does not absorb or trap any water. I love mine. Stops everything from sliding, easy on the knees and looks great!

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Guy I work with has one in a Ford. He said it rusted but I did not see it. It should be easy enough to remove periodically to clean and inspect the bed. If they made one for a dually I would have it now.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had one for 5 years on last truck and 3 years so far on current truck and never had an issue. I even clean it by using the high pressure wand at the self serve car wash while in the bed.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Guy I work with has one in a Ford. He said it rusted but I did not see it. It should be easy enough to remove periodically to clean and inspect the bed. If they made one for a dually I would have it now.

I also have a dually, and need to replace my current liner. The dealer installed a plastic Ram liner in when I bought the truck, only problem is the liner does not fit right. I did not know that bedrug does not make one that fits our trucks. I have done a lot of digging and cannot find crap, it seems the only option is spray in. What do you currently have?

OP
OP
eaglefrq

eaglefrq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input guys. I was wondering if it was an one off issue since I have not read about that problem before.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input guys. I was wondering if it was an one off issue since I have not read about that problem before.

And the best part is they look great !!!!

2014Ram-BedRugandBakFlip001_zps5d79c5bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I also have a dually, and need to replace my current liner. The dealer installed a plastic Ram liner in when I bought the truck, only problem is the liner does not fit right. I did not know that bedrug does not make one that fits our trucks. I have done a lot of digging and cannot find crap, it seems the only option is spray in. What do you currently have?

I went with Linex. I called Bedrug and they gave a canned excuse about the "C" pillar being a different dimension. Huh? Rather than argue I went to Somerset Ram on a Sunday before they opened an checked out the SRW tailgate end of the bed. The difference is subtle but you probably see that the edge of your drop in doesn't sit flat. The dimension between the uprights at the floor is about 2" narrower on the dually. I'm sure they (Bedrug) have a mold so what would it take to make a couple of removable pieces to make the rug fit. Their loss.

danny

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
I have the BedRug and even though its nice looking I'm not happy with it. The rug may not absorb water but it holds water. My truck may sit 2-3 days without being moved so it stays wet (morning dew/rain) on top of the rug. I can lift the rug up at the back of the bed by the tailgate and there's always moisture under it. My son and I were talking about it yesterday, I'm going to take it out and put it back in when I need to haul something. I've only had mine since Christmas and I'm still kicking myself for not going back with a drop in liner.

OP
OP
eaglefrq

eaglefrq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the BedRug and even though its nice looking I'm not happy with it. The rug may not absorb water but it holds water. My truck may sit 2-3 days without being moved so it stays wet (morning dew/rain) on top of the rug. I can lift the rug up at the back of the bed by the tailgate and there's always moisture under it. My son and I were talking about it yesterday, I'm going to take it out and put it back in when I need to haul something. I've only had mine since Christmas and I'm still kicking myself for not going back with a drop in liner.

Thanks for the input. You are the first person that I have found that liked the product but wasn't happy with it. Your comment echo's what my wife's co-worker said.

I wasn't planning on getting a bed liner until the Spring time frame, so I'm going to continue my research.