Best LED for fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For my 2017 sport.

I'm not paying almost 600 dollars for the projector fog lamps. Also I have decided to go with LED fog lights since I have the auto high beams and the high beams get turned on and off a lot more frequently than if i did it manually and we all know on and off is bad for HID bulbs.

SO, what is the best LED fog light kit out there? I want 3000k for my fogs. Also do I need a canbus system or any special add ons for them to work on my truck like HIDs need?

Pics would be VERY appreciated. Thanks guys and/or gals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler Cooke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a set of the LED Fogs off of Jeremy at retroshop. They're great, I didn't think they'd be much brighter than the stock fogs, but they blew them out of the water.

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 120

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I got a set of the LED Fogs off of Jeremy at retroshop. They're great, I didn't think they'd be much brighter than the stock fogs, but they blew them out of the water.

Those are only made for the 09-12 Rams at the moment. The 13+ Rams are shaped differently and vertical so these won't work on his 2017.

You should look into the Opt-7 FluxBeam-X LED Bulbs. The headlight bulb will work in your Fog Light as long as it's the same type (9005,9006 etc). They work on our trucks and they are 6000k pure white. They look amazing.

Opt-7 also sells a plasma led bulb made specifically for fog lights and they also have a Flux Beam bulb made just for fog lights.

www.opt-7.com

Sent from hell via TapATalk

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those are only made for the 09-12 Rams at the moment. The 13+ Rams are shaped differently and vertical so these won't work on his 2017.

You should look into the Opt-7 FluxBeam-X LED Bulbs. The headlight bulb will work in your Fog Light as long as it's the same type (9005,9006 etc). They work on our trucks and they are 6000k pure white. They look amazing.

Opt-7 also sells a plasma led bulb made specifically for fog lights and they also have a Flux Beam bulb made just for fog lights.

www.opt-7.com

No 3000k though?

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

OPT7 - LED & HID Lighting for Cars, Trucks & Motorcycles

Which Opt-7 bulbs do you recommend for a 2013 Laramie? Also would color temperature would match up better with the stock headlights (until I find a LED replacement headlight bulb)? Thanks!

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which Opt-7 bulbs do you recommend for a 2013 Laramie? Also would color temperature would match up better with the stock headlights (until I find a LED replacement headlight bulb)? Thanks!

3000k (yellow) is amazing for cutting through fog that's what I want for mine

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Get the FluxBeam-X bulbs. Make sure you pick the X ones... they cost 109.95. The older version is the 99.95 ones. Get the new FluxBeam-X version. Brighter, Better, quiet fans, Better wiring etc.

Chisox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Putco Optic 360 is a standard plug and play LED replacement no ballasts or resistors and 6000K light that matches my LED headlights perfectly. $100 a pair

Gx67XT.jpg

My headlights are from HID extra, they are RAZIR LED's, they match perfectly and come with the canbus module and it all fits inside the headlight housing.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Putco Optic 360 is a standard plug and play LED replacement no ballasts or resistors and 6000K light that matches my LED headlights perfectly. $100 a pair

Gx67XT.jpg

My headlights are from HID extra, they are RAZIR LED's, they match perfectly and come with the canbus module and it all fits inside the headlight housing.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but no wires or converters really just means not good quality. The power from the truck needs to be converted into less power for the LEDs. I think I found my brand thought. Unfortunately they don't come in the yellow I want but I think I'm going with gtr lighting gen 3

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would like to get the OPT-7 Fog lights for my 2016 sport. Which ones do I need to gets very confusing. And are they plug and play. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would like to get the OPT-7 Fog lights for my 2016 sport. Which ones do I need to gets very confusing. And are they plug and play. Thanks in advance.
Yes they are plug and play and include everything you will need. The plugs are numbered so it's easy to hook up. Get the $109.95 set of FluxBeam-X bulbs. Do not get the $99.95 set as they are the 3+ year old set and are very outdated. The FluxBeam-X set (the ones for $109.95) just came out 2 months ago.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes they are plug and play and include everything you will need. The plugs are numbered so it's easy to hook up. Get the $109.95 set of FluxBeam-X bulbs. Do not get the $99.95 set as they are the 3+ year old set and are very outdated. The FluxBeam-X set (the ones for $109.95) just came out 2 months ago.

Thanks for you help.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for you help.
No problem man... that's why I love these forums... so much information and you can find the answer to any question or problem usually within a few minutes.

If you have any more questions or you need help installing them, feel free to PM me.

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get the FluxBeam-X bulbs. Make sure you pick the X ones... they cost 109.95. The older version is the 99.95 ones. Get the new FluxBeam-X version. Brighter, Better, quiet fans, Better wiring etc.

So what you're saying is go with the headlight bulb FluxBeam X (which should match up with my stock projector lights in term of color temperature?) for my fog lights? And which bulb (H?/900?) do I need? Thanks!!

Last edited:

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Gx67XT.jpg

How do you like the RAZIR LEDs for your headlights and how long have you had them? My only concern would be heat issues with the dust covers on.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So what you're saying is go with the headlight bulb FluxBeam X (which should match up with my stock projector lights in term of color temperature?) for my fog lights? And which bulb (H?/900?) do I need? Thanks!!
What year is your truck? And you have the oem projectors?