Best LED for fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmalcolm24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Putco Optic 360 is a standard plug and play LED replacement no ballasts or resistors and 6000K light that matches my LED headlights perfectly. $100 a pair

Gx67XT.jpg

My headlights are from HID extra, they are RAZIR LED's, they match perfectly and come with the canbus module and it all fits inside the headlight housing.

I had the Putco in they are great if you just want the color to match. I swapped them out for Brightsource LED and they have a much better output

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a 2013 Laramie with the OEM projectors
You would order the FluxBeam-X 9006 bulb. It will come with a small red box (led driver) and a small Capacitor (prevents "bulb out" on dash) that you can just zip tie out of the way up under your bumper.

All of the wires and plugs come numbered 1, 2 and 3. You just plug 1 into 1, 2 into 2.... you get the point. Super easy.

Post up some pictures once you put them in.

What bulbs do you currently have in your oem projectors?

Sent from hell via TapATalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Of all the 4x4's I have had, near 10 of them, yellow PIAA's has been the best upgrade. LineX gets honorable mention for sure. But, when driving at night, you wont believe the increased field of vision, w/o offending oncoming traffic. It's one of those things, when you get them you don't know how you lived w/o them. A lot of fog here in nor cal near bodega, cuts right through it. I'm sure the other suggestions are good as well, but my vote is yellow PIAA.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
You would order the FluxBeam-X 9006 bulb. It will come with a small red box (led driver) and a small Capacitor (prevents "bulb out" on dash) that you can just zip tie out of the way up under your bumper.

Depending on how exactly they wired, you may be able to hide all of that inside the projector headlight housing. Its amazing how much room is in there if you arrange things just right. I have my entire HID ballasts and etc. all inside the projector housing. Fits nice and tight, doesn't move around. And if HID ballasts can fit, there's definitely enough room for LED drivers and/or capacitors.

Be aware that the 2013-2014 trucks are picky with their ballasts/drivers/capacitors, and the 2015+ trucks are even worse. Most of the time, the generic "this works on all vehicles" models don't work. If they haven't been tested on a Ram or listed as Ram/Chrysler compatible (or you don't see reviews by Ram owners saying they work), get a guarantee from the seller before buying.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Depending on how exactly they wired, you may be able to hide all of that inside the projector headlight housing. Its amazing how much room is in there if you arrange things just right. I have my entire HID ballasts and etc. all inside the projector housing. Fits nice and tight, doesn't move around. And if HID ballasts can fit, there's definitely enough room for LED drivers and/or capacitors.

Be aware that the 2013-2014 trucks are picky with their ballasts/drivers/capacitors, and the 2015+ trucks are even worse. Most of the time, the generic "this works on all vehicles" models don't work. If they haven't been tested on a Ram or listed as Ram/Chrysler compatible (or you don't see reviews by Ram owners saying they work), get a guarantee from the seller before buying.
First off he is ordering these for his fog lights, second, his truck is a 2013 so he should be good. Plenty of members (including myself) are running the Opt 7 FluxBeam-X bulbs in their 09-14 trucks. My buddy has a 2015 and is running the h11 FluxBeam-X in his Quad low beam and I just recently had the FluxBeam-X H11's in my custom retroshop quads.

But yea everyone says the FluxBeam-X won't fit inside the oem projector. I also remember reading posts by members on here saying they wouldn't fit inside the Quad headlights either but I bought a set and they fit fine. So I just ordered some tyc projectors and I ordered 9006 FluxBeam-X bulbs and I'm gonna see if I can get the bulb to fit inside with the dust cover on. There is a guy on YouTube who somehow got them to fit his 2015 oem projectors and somehow managed to get the dust cover back on so we shall see.

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

All of the wires and plugs come numbered 1, 2 and 3. You just plug 1 into 1, 2 into 2.... you get the point. Super easy.

Post up some pictures once you put them in.

What bulbs do you currently have in your oem projectors?

If you go back and read what I wrote I was referring to my fog lights (or perhaps you did understand me?). As for my projectors, I'm currently running the stock bulbs (same for my fog lights). That's why I'm asking you if you recommend the FluxBeam X for the fog lights? And what bulb? Thanks!

Last edited:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you go back and read what I wrote I was referring to my fog lights (or perhaps you did understand me?). As for my projectors, I'm currently running the stock bulbs (same for my fog lights). That's why I'm asking you if you recommend the FluxBeam X for the fog lights? And what bulb? Thanks!
Re read my last post lol. Everything i wrote is an answer to your fog lights. You would order the 9006 bulbs for your Fog lights.

I was just asking what bulbs you had in your projectors, it had nothing to do with what I wrote before it.

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Re read my last post lol. Everything i wrote is an answer to your fog lights. You would order the 9006 bulbs for your Fog lights.

I was just asking what bulbs you had in your projectors, it had nothing to do with what I wrote before it.

LOL! I kind of figured we were both on the same page but had to make sure! So basically don't go with their fog lights and go with the updated version of their headlight. Thanks!!!

And by the way, since I have a 2013 will I still need to use the Capacitor?

Last edited:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
LOL! I kind of figured we were both on the same page but had to make sure! So basically don't go with their fog lights and go with the updated version of their headlight. Thanks!!!

And by the way, since I have a 2013 will I still need to use the Capacitor?
Yes don't buy their LED "fog light bulbs". They are a really low Lumen and super dull. You can put the 9006 "headlight" bulb into your Fog Light with no issues. A 9006 fog light bulb and a 9006 headlight bulb are the same bulb except the ones marketed as fog light bulbs are half the brightness (lumens) and not as good.

That 9006 FluxBeam-X bulb in your Fog Lights will be amazing. You'll love them.

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool!! And by the way, since I have a 2013 will I still need to use the capacitor?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Cool!! And by the way, since I have a 2013 will I still need to use the capacitor?
Yea just put it on anyways. Some trucks need them, some dont, it's completely random. It's easier to just put it on the first time you put the bulbs in. That way you don't have to climb back under your truck later on if you do need to use them. They won't hurt anything so it'd best to just put them on. They are plug and play so it's super easy.

m_durham_226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to make sure I have read all this correctly I have a 2015 non projector and if I bought the FluxBeam X LED Headlights (H11 Kit) http://www.opt-7.com/fluxbeam-x-led-headlights/ I should have no issues with the "lights out" on the dash or them just cutting off and not coming back on?

And if I ran the 9006 kit for the fogs as well I would be good as well?