Best LED headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Natehood2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for the best LED headlights for 2012 Ram 1500 sport..thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20160822_174900071_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160822_174900071_HDR.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 172

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use the Opt7 fluxbeam led lights for my fogs and they are awesome imo. There is a bunch of us that use them that are on this site.

Last edited:

Prof

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Tradesman Crew Cab
Engine
3.6-LITER V6 24-VALVE VVT
Are these really "plug and play?" Anyone have any issues with install?

Thanks.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are these really "plug and play?" Anyone have any issues with install?

Thanks.

I have LED headlights in my 2013 slt and think they are great, also had them in my last truck. I know lots of people give grief about having LED or HID style lights in reflector housings since they can create glare but the 4th gen housings are pretty great. The only issues ive seen with this style LED is that the diode is on one side (sometimes two sides... but still), I use COB style LEDs since they are 3 sided and more closely mimic that of a halogen and can utilize all sides of the reflector housing.

To answer your question, yes they are typically plug and play units. In the 4th gens you sometimes need an CanBus for the anti flicker, and sometimes you may need to drill a hole in the dust cap to allow the vent fan additional space as they usually extend relatively far past stock bulb housings.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have LED headlights in my 2013 slt and think they are great, also had them in my last truck. I know lots of people give grief about having LED or HID style lights in reflector housings since they can create glare but the 4th gen housings are pretty great. The only issues ive seen with this style LED is that the diode is on one side (sometimes two sides... but still), I use COB style LEDs since they are 3 sided and more closely mimic that of a halogen and can utilize all sides of the reflector housing.

To answer your question, yes they are typically plug and play units. In the 4th gens you sometimes need an CanBus for the anti flicker, and sometimes you may need to drill a hole in the dust cap to allow the vent fan additional space as they usually extend relatively far past stock bulb housings.

Hey bud, you said you have them in the dual low/high headlights? I just want Leds in the low beams so can you send your set up. Im going to copy you... Thanks

ehart814

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Just ordered these for the low beams in my 2016. Hopefully they don't cause any errors. I used them in my last car for over a year and they were great - didn't even have to adjust the headlights after install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have HIDs in my oem projector lows. I have the Opt7 led in my fogs only which are not tied into the canbus system, so I cannot answer to any codes getting thrown.

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea im not changing the headlights. Im going to keep the standard halogen housing and add led low beams once i figure out what to do

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey bud, you said you have them in the dual low/high headlights? I just want Leds in the low beams so can you send your set up. Im going to copy you... Thanks

No problem. I have these 40w headlights in highs and lows
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AO8BFD8/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Along with this canbus for the lows
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GIUIFSE/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I get home ill snap some pics for you if you like.
I've tried other brands of LED lights and they all kinda do the same thing, so for me it comes down to price and past reviews (I've always opted for 3 sided cob style)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeepN77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
OPT 7s Just put FLUXs in the fogs not CREEs, I need to swap my fogs, other than that loving them. You get used to people flashing you. I have my headlights all the way down and still get flashed. I can see towing and that's why I did it. That and they look awesome.

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow this must be the most common question on the forum. If mods want I can make a thread about the OPT7 headlight bulbs on quads and upload my pictures to it. Maybe that will help us cut down on some of the duplicate threads? Let me know mods if you want that to happen.

http://www.ramforum.com/f41/headlight_options-90838/

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OPT 7s Just put FLUXs in the fogs not CREEs, I need to swap my fogs, other than that loving them. You get used to people flashing you. I have my headlights all the way down and still get flashed. I can see towing and that's why I did it. That and they look awesome.

I havent been flashed yet. I aimed mine pretty low too. I will say the poor soul directly in front of me may have a problem seeing.