Best place to align? Dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohninehemisport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When it comes to alignments, where do you guys go? Dealer or independent shops like firestone or discount tire, etc? When I first dropped my truck I took it to the dealer and they did a god job. Last I had it aligned at a place by my house (firestone). They gave me a printout. But the truck pulls, wanders to the right. I recently changed the stamped steel LCA for the newer aluminum and I will have it realigned.

Frank Powers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
I just use a dealer, who just happens to have the best prices on tires around, so I bought my Perelli's there, then when I go in for my free 5k mile rotation I get the oil change and alignment check at the same time. Need the alignment for tire warranty anyway, so doing it all together makes perfect sense to me.

hankRam2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Na I go to dealer for everything except alignment. I go to tire kingdom

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use Firestone because I got lifetime alignment for the price of what 2 will cost. And lifetime balance and rotation on tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To me, it's more the tech using the machine. I try to talk to them first to try to determine if they know what the hell their doing and how much experience they have. Also look at the machine to see if it's a good and/or new machine--like a Hunter. Price is also a concern but not as important as the tech's experience. I always ask for a before and after printout.
Jay

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ This - one of our local "big 3" car dealerships here as the nicest equipment- But the monkeys operating it have no clue what they are doing. And for that reason we don't use them at all for anything other than warranty work.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As was already said, in reality it makes little difference be it Dealer or Independent shop, it all comes down to the person doing the work. The dealer might have brand new fancy equipment, but and idiot running it and the independent garage my have old non computerized equipment, but the guy using it has 20 years experience.

There are too many variables to answer your question.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
depends on if the trucks suspension is stock or not. stock ill go to a chain like mavis or firestone. on a lifted or leveled truck, ive found that those shops dont get the alignment quite right so i go an independent shop the specializes in 4x4's. costs a bit more but saves me time and aggravation from having to get the alignment re-done.