Best Running Board Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OceanRescue01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently have a set of RBP running boards. I do quite a bit of beach driving and even though I'm running a Bils level and 3/4 spacer in rear I feel like the running boards are killing my clearance. I took them off and I'm looking to let them go but the Mrs. is pregnant and having a tough time getting in and out of the truck. Apparently a milk crate isn't the answer, who knew!? What would my best option be for my wife and kids to get in without killing clearance? Hoops? Any info would be appreciated!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
its expensive, but something like bestop power running boards would work for what you want

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Amp has power fold running boards that look great but they are 2000 bucks tbe upside is they work threw factory connections or so they say but ill tell you this if you live in a climate that gets winter and snow or you 4x4 those power boards will become a curse i have fixed so many that the pin eventually will seize up in inthe collar and the darn thing will not go up or down without force then you need to tear it apart un stick everything then lube it up and in a year or 2 repeat. I live the look i like they drop low but price and performance i feel is a hard justification

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like quietpeen said, power running boards are nice, they hug the rocker or some even go right underneath the truck so you lose no clearance. They come down a decent way too and are a nice clean look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I found the same thing when looking for steps, I didn't want them to hang way down so I ended up building some, they are along the lines of a slider, I tucked them up to the rockers as close as I could and put a smaller bar on for a step.

image.jpg

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Amp power boards. Plenty of room to get in, no clearance being taken up by those pesky boards hanging down.

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg