Brake failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overtime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With only 1,400 miles on my new 2016 Ram 1500 the rear drivers tire rubbed a hole in the brake line and I lost braking. I was pulling my camper and made it home on the trailer brakes. The drivers side brake line flexed into the tire while the passenger side flexed towards the pumpkin when the trailer weight squatted the rear of the truck. Dodge fixed it but trivialized it as to run form the problem ( they wouldn't even reemburse me for the brake fluid I purchased on the road ) . I also found another Post with the same issue. Suggest checking your brake lines especially if you pull a trailer

Attachments

• IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 52

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With only 1,400 miles on my new 2016 Ram 1500 the rear drivers tire rubbed a hole in the brake line and I lost braking. I was pulling my camper and made it home on the trailer brakes. The drivers side brake line flexed into the tire while the passenger side flexed towards the pumpkin when the trailer weight squatted the rear of the truck. Dodge fixed it but trivialized it as to run form the problem ( they wouldn't even reemburse me for the brake fluid I purchased on the road ) . I also found another Post with the same issue. Suggest checking your brake lines especially if you pull a trailer

Wow that's insane! Good thing you made it home safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow scary stuff.
Wonder if that qualifies for a factory recall?
Sounds pretty dangerous to me!