Brake replacement suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey RamForum!

I've done some searching and figured I'd create a new post to get everyone's opinions on brakes. I want to replace my brakes (pads and rotors) and get better performance than the stock setup. Most of you know about my lift, but for those of you who don't, I'm running a 6" suspension and 1.5" body lift with 20x10 Fuel Vapors wrapped in 37x13.50x20 Toyo Open Country R/T's. I'm wanting to get better pads and rotors that will give me better stopping power. I don't pull a trailer ad honestly don't plan to in the immediate future. I do plan on getting slotted/drilled rotors if that helps any. So, that being said, please give me some suggestions. Thanks!

Adam

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you looked at the wilwood brakes setup. Bigger rotors and calipers for better stopping power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll soon be in the market for a new setup too, so after seeing them mentioned a few times on here I think I'm going to go with EBC sport rotors and their Greenstuff pads (7000 series for the front and 6000 for the rears).

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Defiantly 4 EBC slotted and dimpled sport rotors and I went with the yellow pads all way around! Also many often forget to upgrade the brake fluid as well as the ****** oem lines. The upgraded lines will stiffen up the pedal because they don't flex.

Lines
https://www.klmperformance.com/dodge-ram-1500-stainless-steel-braided-brake-lines.html

Fluid
StopTech Racing Brake Fluid

Been running this set up for couple years and truck stops on a dime. I also run 10 ply 34.5" tires with a level and 1.5" body lift.
:happy107:

OP
OP
Drummin4jc

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks guys! I'll look into these setups. I appreciate the links as well. :)

Adam

Last edited:

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks guys! I look into thee setups. I appreciate the links as well. :)

Adam

Hey brother, check out the EBC stage brake kits. New rotors and pads. A buddy of mine and I have installed sets of these on his wife's Honda Pilot, his Mini, and my wife's Chevy Traverse. They are like whole new cars now. The stopping power is incredible. And the price isn't outrageous

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Oh and I forgot to add you can customize the length of the lines as well...so you can add and 1-2" to compensate for your lift! Also can pick many colors!

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I remember reading that the design of certain EBC rotors create a wind noise.

Maybe some wheels sizes and designs amplify or quiet that noise?

Reading that made me pump the brakes on buying the EBC rotors and look for a different brand. I didn't want to pay money for a odd sound whenever I drove my truck.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How bad is the brake dust from these pads that have been mentioned? My factory pads dust my wheels pretty bad. It sux!

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have very little break dust from power stop, and what i do get cleans off easily.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Agreed, I put power stop on mine and they work great. Ordered them from amazon with prime and got them in two days.

Fake news as trump would put it....dimpled rotors aren't drillled through just dimpled and slotted to relieve heat....no wind noise on mine...doesn't matter if u want power stop great set up as well....just many forget the brake fluid and lines.. worth the upgrade!

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which power stop kit do you have? The regular or the heavy duty/tow package?

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd say almost zero brake dust with the Power Stop. It takes weeks, and 1,000+ miles. And only see it if you wipe your finger on the rim.
But then again, I do not have chrome rims. So that may help too..

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd say almost zero brake dust with the Power Stop. It takes weeks, and 1,000+ miles. And only see it if you wipe your finger on the rim.

What rims you got?

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Fake news as trump would put it....dimpled rotors aren't drillled through just dimpled and slotted to relieve heat....no wind noise on mine...doesn't matter if u want power stop great set up as well....just many forget the brake fluid and lines.. worth the upgrade!

I'm not sure what is fake news about me stating that I have a power stop set up on my truck and that I am happy with it.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Which power stop kit? I'm sold!