Brake squealing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So I was getting some break squealing when at low speed during light breaking so I pulled pads and they are at 90% sanded them a little , sanded the rotors a little and put caliper grease on the pads where they made contact with the caliper and the squeal was gone for about 5 days and now its doing it again right before I come to a stop can anybody give me a better suggestion other than what I've already done? Looks like it might have had glue from the factory on it which was gone. So dies the factory put glue on the pads or should I buy some good pads with shims on them and put glue on that . its annoying and i hate it . truck has 24,000 miles on it.

tuned by Jay Greene

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am also having the same issue and I have about the same amount of miles, 23k. I took it to the dealership when I had a warranty issue and they told me they didn't hear anything. Of course running around today I'm hearing it again.

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
I have the same problem and my pads are good. Have a little over 30k. The same, only at light breaking and only every once in awhile.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Rainy season? You could try a different pad, maybe ceramic sometimes they come with shims. Or just turn up the radio.

OP
OP
shane1981

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Rainy season? You could try a different pad, maybe ceramic sometimes they come with shims. Or just turn up the radio.
Funny thing is that its never had a single noise I put new wheels on and as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot of the tire place they started squealing I know its just a coincidence. I'll spend days on a noise if that what it takes to figure it out and I hardly listen to the radio.

tuned by Jay Greene

OP
OP
shane1981

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
On a side note my phone sucks at spell check or maybe its just me

tuned by Jay Greene

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine were doing the same thing, go to AutoZone buy brake cleaner and spray down your rotors move the truck forward spray them again, it has gone away it's been about 2 weeks now squeak free.
My truck has 37k on it

OP
OP
shane1981

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine were doing the same thing, go to AutoZone buy brake cleaner and spray down your rotors move the truck forward spray them again, it has gone away it's been about 2 weeks now squeak free.
My truck has 37k on it
I cleaned the **** out of them . everything i did worked but now 5 days later its doing it again its not as bad this time but it just started and it only does it after the breaks warm up. The first 4 or 5 stops its quiet.

tuned by Jay Greene