Brush/Bumper guard help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alaska PFD is around the corner and going to start shopping for some "moose" guards
I am trying to sort through the things I want and been looking at Warn Trans4mer and the Ranch Hand Legend Series. I am partial to Warn but I do not like it cannot retain factory tow hooks (but understand it is for structural support). The Ranch Hand is not compatible with a winch.

Any ideas on what bumper or brush guards that are functional, retain factory tow hooks, AND have availability to put a winch on there?
Thanks in advance!

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I highly recommend the Ranch Hand. I've had one on my '13 Express for almost three years now and it has been great. Though I do not have factory tow hooks, the Ranch Hand will allow you to retain them.8b1c5e9c712e14b6b7026db3760a86e0.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I highly recommend the Ranch Hand. I've had one on my '13 Express for almost two years now and it has been great. Though I do not have factory tow hooks, the Ranch Hand will allow you to retain them.8b1c5e9c712e14b6b7026db3760a86e0.jpg

Is that the Legend Series? That's a nice looking setup you got there man. And that license plate is amazing btw

Sent via telepathy

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is that the Legend Series? That's a nice looking setup you got there man. And that license plate is amazing btw

Sent via telepathy

Thanks! I think Ranch Hand labels all of their grill guards as "Legend Grill Guards" but it is the Sport Series. Either way it's the only grill guard they make for '13-'16 RAM 1500's. And the license plate is a great way to show off my love for both agriculture and my alma mater!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
All of what "olvateen" says. I have one on my Ram and my Ford F350. My brother has a Rancho on his Ram 350. He likes the Rancho because its lower rail is a step. It saved him when a new Ford F250 changed lanes into him. The Ford's entire passenger side was destroyed while my brothers truck only had a scuff mark on his Rancho.

Attachments

• RH with Lights.jpg
    RH with Lights.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
D

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All of what "olvateen" says. I have one on my Ram and my Ford F350. My brother has a Rancho on his Ram 350. He likes the Rancho because its lower rail is a step. It saved him when a new Ford F250 changed lanes into him. The Ford's entire passenger side was destroyed while my brothers truck only had a scuff mark on his Rancho.

Awesome, thanks for the input. My only gripe about the RH is the lack of winch capability, but in all honesty im not sure how much I would use it. There have been a handful of times when I wish I had had it while off roading but decided to steer clear of that path since I was solo, sure looked fun though!
And the only other time I would use it is if someone was stuck in a ditch in the winter up here, but I just use tow hooks and some good straps and can stick with that I guess.

Next issue: finding one locally, or finding a shipping company that wont charge the cost of the guard to get it up here lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Checkout Trailready bumpers. I have one and love it. I have an 18000 lbs winch in it. Super heavy duty [about 300 lbs]and fits perfect.It is pricey at 2400.00 but very high quality. directions say it takes factory tow hooks.

Attachments

• truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 46
  • truck5 (2).jpg
    truck5 (2).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
D

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Checkout Trailready bumpers. I have one and love it. I have an 18000 lbs winch in it. Super heavy duty [about 300 lbs]and fits perfect.It is pricey at 2400.00 but very high quality. directions say it takes factory tow hooks.

Damn, that thing is a monster! Way out of my price range but something to look into if I dont find another solution. So far, that fits the list of wants/needs but not budget, thanks for the input man. Badass looking truck you got there too!