Bull Bar with parking assist still working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WURST1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Anyone know of a bull bar that doesn't block the factory parking assist in the front??

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone know of a bull bar that doesn't block the factory parking assist in the front??

It heavily depends on the type, shape, and where it's located. I know if you put a piece of anything in front of the sensor, it will beep. Today a piece of ice was over mine , and it beeped the entire way to the store ( when below normal speed ), it was the most annoying thing in the world.

OP
OP
WURST1

WURST1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Right, that's why I am hoping someone knows of a style and brand that works. I have a '15 Laramie 1500.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Right, that's why I am hoping someone knows of a style and brand that works. I have a '15 Laramie 1500.

K, sorry, let me clarify. If anything is in front of the sensor, it will chime. There is nothing you could put in front of them ( even on an angle ) that would allow them to function normally.

with that said, if you want to get creative, you can do a few things to fix that.

Buy any bull bar you want, coat the back of the bullbar with a matte type material. Carbon fiber tape works well.

Additionally, you can purchase connectors to MOVE the sensors to the bull bar itself. These will suffice, but it's going to look pretty silly unless you figure out a way to make it look stock.

The sensors push out waves, and when they hit an object, it's returned. The in dash system will know how far away the object is, based on how long it takes to return the signal.

These sensors do not shoot in a straight line. Your entire front bumper is covered by the sensors. So, you can go a route i just suggested, OR, you can purchase a bullbar that sits 10 feet in front of the sensors.

good luckl!

Edit : After re-thinking this, the matte material may not work in your 2015. I've fooled a fewer of the older systems, but i'm going to assume a 2015 might be a bit smarter. I'd hate for you to purchase a bull bar then the tape not work.

OP
OP
WURST1

WURST1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi
K, sorry, let me clarify. If anything is in front of the sensor, it will chime. There is nothing you could put in front of them ( even on an angle ) that would allow them to function normally.

with that said, if you want to get creative, you can do a few things to fix that.

Buy any bull bar you want, coat the back of the bullbar with a matte type material. Carbon fiber tape works well.

Additionally, you can purchase connectors to MOVE the sensors to the bull bar itself. These will suffice, but it's going to look pretty silly unless you figure out a way to make it look stock.

The sensors push out waves, and when they hit an object, it's returned. The in dash system will know how far away the object is, based on how long it takes to return the signal.

These sensors do not shoot in a straight line. Your entire front bumper is covered by the sensors. So, you can go a route i just suggested, OR, you can purchase a bullbar that sits 10 feet in front of the sensors.

good luckl!

Edit : After re-thinking this, the matte material may not work in your 2015. I've fooled a fewer of the older systems, but i'm going to assume a 2015 might be a bit smarter. I'd hate for you to purchase a bull bar then the tape not work.
Thanks!! That makes a lot of sense and is really good to know. So with what your saying would the system still work if I disconnected the two on the front of the number and left the two on the side?

Obviously I know it wouldn't help me from pulling up to close to something but many times in tight spaces it senses how close I am on the left or right of the bumber.

OP
OP
WURST1

WURST1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thanks!! That makes a lot of sense and is really good to know. So with what your saying would the system still work if I disconnected the two on the front of the number and left the two on the side?

Obviously I know it wouldn't help me from pulling up to close to something but many times in tight spaces it senses how close I am on the left or right of the bumber.

Damn auto correct, supposed to say bumper

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Ok I will bite...

You need the F-22 Raptor Bull Bar, nothing sees it.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

So , I can't say yes or no, but based on what i know, i'm going to say i don't think so. And here is why.

The sensors will alert you in cab if something is wrong. I.E, if you have the connector removed from one of them, it'll just chime, and tell you you're about to hit something. I accidently knocked one loose the other day, i left afew days later, and it says i was in the red on my front. I clearly wasn't. I looked, and it was unplugged.

With that said, you can drive like this, but any time you getbelow 5 - 10 miles per hour, it'll DING like mad. Based on this, without asking a dealer, i'd say no, unplugging them will just cause you a lot of annoying dings, and not let it work properly. I have a 16, doubt it's different than your 15.