Bullbar/bed headrack! PICS ! plz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
looking to get my self a bullbar and a headache rack...just don't know what im into yet! i got front sensors tho? will a bar set them off? INFO & pics of your guys setups would be mint! thanks!!!

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
898ae425015f45b49f5950b8391c29cd.jpg
c288dd664d6fb2098921f755dbef90b2.jpg

Heres the link to the last time you asked.
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=81016

Last edited:

Duhhsteedohh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Image1465939237.563886.jpg
Mine is from Dee zee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13igtymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bull bar will set off the sensors. You can also turn off the sensors, but that defeats their purpose. I have called a lot of companies that makes bull bars if they have a solution of the front sensors. All they have are ideas.

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking at those Westin contour bull bars. Looks sharp!

rammpage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Go! Rhino headache rack:
22234324204_4bbfca7bd7_b.jpg[/QUOTE]

i love the look of that Go Rhino bar in the back, i found them on ebay for like $180 shipped.. im really thinking about doing it for mine. did you end up bolting yours on or just using the stake pockets?

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go! Rhino headache rack:
22234324204_4bbfca7bd7_b.jpg

i love the look of that Go Rhino bar in the back, i found them on ebay for like $180 shipped.. im really thinking about doing it for mine. did you end up bolting yours on or just using the stake pockets?[/QUOTE]

Drilled and bolted. It shook around too much before drilling/bolting the back half of it.

rammpage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
i love the look of that Go Rhino bar in the back, i found them on ebay for like $180 shipped.. im really thinking about doing it for mine. did you end up bolting yours on or just using the stake pockets?

Drilled and bolted. It shook around too much before drilling/bolting the back half of it.[/QUOTE]

Do u have anymore pics of how you mounted it up??

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do u have anymore pics of how you mounted it up??

No, but if I can find time, I could take some. I removed the bed liner and did some drilling, just a single bolt towards the rear of the rack and bolted it on (they sent extra nuts and bolts for this reason) - there IS a hole in the rack towards the back already, but there isn't enough room to get a drill in there and trying to mark the location was too much of a pain in the ass, so I made my own location...

rammpage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No, but if I can find time, I could take some. I removed the bed liner and did some drilling, just a single bolt towards the rear of the rack and bolted it on (they sent extra nuts and bolts for this reason) - there IS a hole in the rack towards the back already, but there isn't enough room to get a drill in there and trying to mark the location was too much of a pain in the ass, so I made my own location...

do u think just a self tapper would work on it? i hate putting holes in stuff lol

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
a headache rack the doesnt protect the glass kinda defeats the whole purpose, no?

Depends on what purpose you are using it for. The stuff I usually haul would never hit the glass, even if I flipped the truck (at which point, what would it matter?) I needed taller tie down locations and something to protect the roof line/3rd brake light when hauling tanks and cabinets, and something to give me room to mount some lighting is a bonus...

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
do u think just a self tapper would work on it? i hate putting holes in stuff lol

It could work. Personally, I prefer a clean hole that can be fit with a grommet to help seal out water and prevent rust, and having lock nuts on the bolts to ensure they won't come loose.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
a headache rack the doesnt protect the glass kinda defeats the whole purpose, no?

I think something like this would work great for mounting off road lights. LED bar or round lights. But, for the contractor or someone who does a lot if large item hauling, maybe one a bit more purpose built would be smarter. But, for my needs, I would consider this set up. Looks more like a bare bones "chase rack" rather than a headache rack.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think something like this would work great for mounting off road lights. LED bar or round lights. But, for the contractor or someone who does a lot if large item hauling, maybe one a bit more purpose built would be smarter. But, for my needs, I would consider this set up. Looks more like a bare bones "chase rack" rather than a headache rack.

thats kinda what i was getting at. if it doesnt stop anything from coming through the back window and hitting you its not really a headache rack. if it serves its purpose to you thats fine. just different terminology i guess.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thats kinda what i was getting at. if it doesnt stop anything from coming through the back window and hitting you its not really a headache rack. if it serves its purpose to you thats fine. just different terminology i guess.

Guess I'll let you argue with the manufacturer then as it came in a box that stated it was a headache rack...

rammpage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
could you take a pic of how you bolted it up?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye