Bumper and grill combinations help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PipefittersRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi everyone! New the forum and could use some help. I hit a deer a couple weeks ago and picked up a takeoff grill of Craigslist. At the time I didn't notice the difference. Now that I have the front end off I noticed a issue and am trying to figure out what model the grill came off so I can get the right bumper combo. I have a 2014 1500 bighorn and my goal is to get rid of a lot of the chrome. The deer incident is working as my excuse to the fiancé to put some parts on it. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 69

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The black grille is off a pre '13 model.
In order to mount it you would have to change the front bumper to the old style with the horizontal fog lights.
My advice would be - get rid of it and buy a used one that fits your bumper.
eBay has plenty of them ...

OP
OP
P

PipefittersRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats probably what I will end up doing. I also need a front bumper and grill shutters. Do you know if the bumpers are interchangeable? I found a 2016 bumper but I don't want to make the same mistake that I did with the grill.

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually that looks more like a 13'+ from a 2500+. The emblem doesn't look like that on 09-12 models. Is there a part number on that grill anywhere?

OP
OP
P

PipefittersRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ended up selling grille. I think it was from a 2500 a guy with a pre 2013 power wagon purchased it from me and it matched his grill. I ordered a grill that is made for the truck this time around. Another question I have is I'm looking at a black steel bumper off a 2012 1500. I am curious if the top plastic bumper trim will go on top? I appreciate the help!