Bumper uneven after rear-ended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was rear ended today and their is Not much cosmetic damage. However the left side ( side of impact) the bumper is pushed back about 2 inches. On the right side you can fit your fingers between the bumper and body, on the left it is touching the body. Anyway of pulling the bumper back out? I'll post pictures in the morning.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look underneath how the bumper mounts. It probably crunched the mounting hardware. You may have to take the bumper off and either straighten the mounting point or buy a new one if it's just the bumper mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I was rear ended today and their is Not much cosmetic damage. However the left side ( side of impact) the bumper is pushed back about 2 inches. On the right side you can fit your fingers between the bumper and body, on the left it is touching the body. Anyway of pulling the bumper back out? I'll post pictures in the morning.

Sneak a rope in there and tie it to a tree and very lightly tug on it, always worked for me. Have someone watching it though so you don't pull it out too far.

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bumper can not take much of a hit it only weighs about 30lbs , it is attached via 6 bolts IIRC the two behind the plate go in first then you adjust the bumper and lock it down with the other bolts