Bumpers: Chrome v. Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Hey guys looking for your opinions. You think I should leave the bumpers chrome or shoot them black? Ive done away with all chrome on the truck expect the bumpers (minus the headlights) with the intention the bumpers would be black next. But now Im not sure which way I want to go or which will look better. So thoughts..?

Attachments

• DSCN1904.jpg
    DSCN1904.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 392
  • DSCN1899.jpg
    DSCN1899.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
B

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
That was my thought too but wasnt minding the chrome. Im about to order a new mesh grille which comes in chrome or black. Really like the chrome one but Im a sucker for black; but obviously if i got the grille chrome id leave the bumpers as is. love the red/ black look but dont mind the chrome front end on these trucks.

OP
OP
B

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
ive thought about red but personal preference and nothing more than that i like chrome/ black. plus it leaves me not sure what to do w/ the back bumper cant picture that red. as far as it peeling from the chrome im pretty good friends with my body shop guy and he was gonna use a single stage urethane; but is it peels he"ll take care of me.

RYAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I say red or black, both will look good I am sure.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
with the black grill i'm thinking black bumpers will be too much

OP
OP
B

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
@outlaw you have any write up on your grille led's? i've been thinking about putting some red ones behind the grille, just as a novelty ambient light to toss on for the hell of it at times.

@disturbed thanks for the pic's. really like how you did your grille and the black bumpers look sharp.

@quiet thats been one of my hesitations the black bumper and grille. although I think the red "bumper cap" helps to break it up some.

one problem for everyone saying red is the idea of red on front i can picture i would just prefer black/ chrome. but i just dont think red rear bump would look good.

kind of surprised no one said chrome. especially with saying I could do chrome mesh grille.

really loving the input.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Do the bumpers black. That looks good. No write up on the grille LED's. They came from a semi truck chrome shop. They are tied into the turn signals. Running lights and turn signals. Fits perfectly between the billet grille bars.

OP
OP
B

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
ive never done auto wiring and is something id really like to become comfortable doing.

OP
OP
B

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
you guys really think the back bumper will look good red? just dont think (in my opinion) a red rback bump would look good at all.

KsBowhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man I'm partial, but I'd say black. I thought about white on mine because of blacked out grill, BUT that white bumper 'cap' breaks it up nicely. Here's the before and after pics...
Keep in mind mine were bed lined, but other than texture, black is black is black...

DSCN0163.jpg
DSCN0167.jpg

rear-edit.jpg
frontlightoff-edit.jpg

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
I'd say black, but then again i'm kind of keen on the black look, haha. I do think it would be a lot of black on the front end though if you went with the black grille and black bumper, however if you had a similar set up like "KSBowhunter" then I think it would look pretty good!

In regards to the red bumper, I think it would look fine! There are a lot of trucks with color matched bumpers out there, mine being one with matched front and rear bumpers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BurghBigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
thanks guys. lifes been busy havent been able to jump on here. actually selling or tading in the truck for a cummins; back to square one.