C shaped LED tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The DodgeFather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like them have a link .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L

St3althM0de

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Express black out
Engine
5.7Hemi
They look good IMO, really bright. Happy with them.

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0938.jpg
    IMG_0938.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 126

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
yeah wow you have some dots in the middle still looks like a gmc tail light don't like them the taillights that ram has right now take it away from the pack because no other truck has something like them.

i dont see anything GM about them, my neighbor has the "C" shaped GMC lights, and putting them side by side and with both trucks having a "c" shape, they look nothing alike, especially when you take functionality into play, GM makes their tail lights with any BAR shape utilize the bar for brake, blinker and parking light.

these lights remind me more of my charger, the nice solid outline and then when you hit the brakes you have this 4x as bright brake light that comes out of the middle of the light, it really reminds me of my old charger since i disconnected the center light that went across the trunk lid, so i was left with tail lights that look exactly like what my truck has now

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm just trying to decide if I want the smoked version, or the red version. With the Granite Crystal paint I have, the smoked would look good. But, having a Big Horn, I have chrome bumpers and grill, so I'm not sure if that would throw me off, looks wise.

I don't mind the red lenses... it would keep that "stock" look, so to speak, without being stock... if that makes sense. But, by getting that 3rd brake light also, the smoked version would match it better than the red. Decisions, decisions...

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I'm just trying to decide if I want the smoked version, or the red version. With the Granite Crystal paint I have, the smoked would look good. But, having a Big Horn, I have chrome bumpers and grill, so I'm not sure if that would throw me off, looks wise.

I don't mind the red lenses... it would keep that "stock" look, so to speak, without being stock... if that makes sense. But, by getting that 3rd brake light also, the smoked version would match it better than the red. Decisions, decisions...

I know what ya mean....the smoked would definitely look good. I ended up going with the red lens on mine with brilliant black paint (and chrome trim Laramie) to keep the OEM look. I think I'd be equally happy with either though. I did add a solid red lens LED 3rd brake light to go with them.

Hughesg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v.8
Does anybody know if there is a way to make these compatible with trucks that have OEM LEDs?

So I purchased these last week and they came in but I discovered my 2016 Ram Sport has OEM LED tail lights. Is there a way to make these compatible for my truck with some type of harness? Thanks!

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah wow you have some dots in the middle still looks like a gmc tail light don't like them the taillights that ram has right now take it away from the pack because no other truck has something like them.

poic.jpg

Hughesg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v.8
Man, I wish they had them for OEM led taillight. Looks like I will have to return mines unless someone knows a work around to get them to work with led taillights.

Veritech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, I wish they had them for OEM led taillight. Looks like I will have to return mines unless someone knows a work around to get them to work with led taillights.

Unfortunately if you have factory projectors and factory LED tails, the aftermarket selection is slim! Hopefully someone chimes in to help you because I'd love to snag a set of those as well lol

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Unfortunately if you have factory projectors and factory LED tails, the aftermarket selection is slim! Hopefully someone chimes in to help you because I'd love to snag a set of those as well lol

well it would be tricky to do this but it can be done, you would have to hard wire since its not the same type of connections used between the two different style of tail lights, also you have to remove the Resistor pack from the new LED tails, the rams that came with LED tails and OEM projectors came with an electrical system not designed to run a standard halogen bulb, it will damage your system if you put a any kind of load other than just the very minimal one that an LED puts out, next you will have to do some slight custom wiring to a relay in the tail light, that is so that the computer will know that the tail light is working, its a different type of detection the truck uses since it cannot use the bulb load detection the normal trucks use....

it sounds more complicated than it really is, ive done the conversion before but its not a "just cut and splice these wires" kind of thing

Hughesg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v.8
well it would be tricky to do this but it can be done, you would have to hard wire since its not the same type of connections used between the two different style of tail lights, also you have to remove the Resistor pack from the new LED tails, the rams that came with LED tails and OEM projectors came with an electrical system not designed to run a standard halogen bulb, it will damage your system if you put a any kind of load other than just the very minimal one that an LED puts out, next you will have to do some slight custom wiring to a relay in the tail light, that is so that the computer will know that the tail light is working, its a different type of detection the truck uses since it cannot use the bulb load detection the normal trucks use....

it sounds more complicated than it really is, ive done the conversion before but its not a "just cut and splice these wires" kind of thing

Thank you for the reply and much appreciated. By chance you do you have any pics of the conversion you did for this.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Thank you for the reply and much appreciated. By chance you do you have any pics of the conversion you did for this.

i did the conversion for the headlights, its the same wiring but i just did it up front, i made it so i could put any headlight i wanted on my 2014

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are pretty bright.

Yes plug and play for standard tail (non led)

For this model you have to use your existing reverse bulbs as they are not led.

Siiick just ordered a set!!! Excited! Wish they had a neon tune 3rd brake light to tie the back side together!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you guys getting any error codes with these? The listing says:

"2013-2017 MODELS W/ INCANDESCENT TAIL LIGHTS & 7" EVIC WILL SHOW "PARKING LIGHT OUT" ON EVIC".

I just pulled my LED bulbs because of error codes and went back to stock bulbs. I'm looking for something LED that won't throw codes without adding resistors to the wires.

Looking at these 2 lights:
1) Black Smoke 2009-2017 Dodge Ram 1500 10-17 2500 3500 LED Tube Tail Lights Lamps | eBay

2) 2009-2017 Dodge Ram 1500 10-17 2500 3500 Red Clear LED Tube Tail Lights Lamps | eBay

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No error codes at all on my 15 with the 7" cluster.
I have leds all around the truck and I'm error free

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
as i said in the other thread...

"not a single code yet, there is no reason for them to throw a code honestly"

ive never had an aftermarket LED tail throw a lamp out code, they are built to correct that from the beginning

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just making sure. The notice they listed was enough to make me think and ask about it.