Cab clearance lights and Off road Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm sorry that part I can not answer as mine came straight from a dealer. I'm sure someone on here that deal or has dealt with them will answer that question shortly.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Mine came with everything needed including the template.

F.O.F

OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
I'll keep this as short as possible:

You can get clearance lights for you 1500. However, you will have to decide where you want to splice them in to. I wanted mine to come on like stock one's do with the parking lights. Therefore, I tapped into my turn signal constant power wire for power to the lights. Now, you WILL have to drill 15 holes in your roof. Two each for mounting and one each in the center for power wiring.

As far as getting the "right ones", I would look into Recon. That's what I have on mine. Had them on for a year and a half; no leaks and no lights have gone out. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Adam

Hey I just got the Recon clearance lights. I already disassembled the interior and used the two tape measures over the cabin.
But I just realized that the instructions Recon sent are for gen 3 trucks.

Did you use these same instructions to install the lights on your truck? or how did you measure them to the top of the cabin?

This has proven to be the most difficult part of the installation!

OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
Update:
I drilled the holes.

I followed Recon guide (which is horrible, by the way) and at the end I just made a small adjustment to my liking on the centre lights. I added one inch space between them. I didnt like them very close to each other.

Of course, this was after 10 hours of measuring and thinking. (not kidding there)

Its night now so I cant see anything.
Shall continue with the light installation as well as with the wiring on the morrow.

Dont know exactly where am I going to connect everything since the gen4 doesnt come with the connection on the A pillar. So I have to look somewhere else...

so far, my advise would be follow the Recon guide and adjust to your liking.
it's worth noting that the length between the central three lights and the windshield was 3.5inches and 5.5 inches for the lateral two.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone ever have these professionally installed? Wonder what they'd charge for that. I don't think I have the cajones to drill into my roof myself.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Update:
I drilled the holes.

I followed Recon guide (which is horrible, by the way) and at the end I just made a small adjustment to my liking on the centre lights. I added one inch space between them. I didnt like them very close to each other.

Of course, this was after 10 hours of measuring and thinking. (not kidding there)

Its night now so I cant see anything.
Shall continue with the light installation as well as with the wiring on the morrow.

Dont know exactly where am I going to connect everything since the gen4 doesnt come with the connection on the A pillar. So I have to look somewhere else...

so far, my advise would be follow the Recon guide and adjust to your liking.
it's worth noting that the length between the central three lights and the windshield was 3.5inches and 5.5 inches for the lateral two.

I ran power/ground wire down the passenger side A-Pillr, through the wire boot that takes wiring from inside the cabin to the passenger door, cam through the bottom of the boot outside and ran my wiring to the turn signal bulb of my front passenger headlight. This way, they come on with the parking lights like the normally do on stock setups.

Adam

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Here's a quick video for reference. I hope this helps.

[yt]_hxYyeWzuRc[/yt]

Adam

OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
Here's a quick video for reference. I hope this helps.

[yt]_hxYyeWzuRc[/yt]

Adam

Excellent video and quite helpful!
thanks for taking the time to upload it.
I will be connecting mine like you did.
Do you happen to have a picture of the inside of the hood?
I am trying to look for the harness that comes out of the headlight but I am not sure which one is.
I also removed the ground cover on the frame of the door and found some cables on there that come from the dash to the back of the cabin...

Maybe the parking lights go through there? I am on the passenger side.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Excellent video and quite helpful!
thanks for taking the time to upload it.
I will be connecting mine like you did.
Do you happen to have a picture of the inside of the hood?
I am trying to look for the harness that comes out of the headlight but I am not sure which one is.
I also removed the ground cover on the frame of the door and found some cables on there that come from the dash to the back of the cabin...

Maybe the parking lights go through there? I am on the passenger side.

I think you're a little lost, sir.... :). The green and black wires you see in my video are wires that I ran by myself. They aren't factory. I tapped them into the constant power and ground of the turn signal bulb light wiring. Then I ran the wires inside the cab through the door boot as shown in my video.

Adam

OP
OP
C

Chalax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemo 5.7
I think you're a little lost, sir.... :). The green and black wires you see in my video are wires that I ran by myself. They aren't factory. I tapped them into the constant power and ground of the turn signal bulb light wiring. Then I ran the wires inside the cab through the door boot as shown in my video.

Adam

Sorry, I didnt explain myself correctly. :roflsquared:
I understand those green and black cables are the ones that come from the cab lights.
What I dont know is which is the cable that goes to the headlights. Like I dont know exactly where did you connected the cab lights to. I know its the headlights but I just cant find this harness.

Also, how did you removed the door boot? Did you just pulled it out toward the door?

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sorry, I didnt explain myself correctly. :roflsquared:
I understand those green and black cables are the ones that come from the cab lights.
What I dont know is which is the cable that goes to the headlights. Like I dont know exactly where did you connected the cab lights to. I know its the headlights but I just cant find this harness.

Also, how did you removed the door boot? Did you just pulled it out toward the door?

I would take a picture, but I have it all wrapped in electrical tape. There are three wires that connect into the parking light bulb assembly. One is ground, one is constant power, and one is the blinker control. I can't remember which on is which (besides the black being ground) but I spliced into those wires near the turn signal bulb assembly.

I removed the boot from the outside of the door. I cut a VERY small opening in the bottom of the boot to allow the wires to go inside the boot. It takes a lot of patience for sure.

Adam