Calling all vinyl-wrapped Rams...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
- How much did it cost? (also did it yourself or had it done?)
- How did it come out?
- Did it last a long time and wear well?
- Any problems and/or re-work?
- Have any of you taken it back off to resell, and if so, how well was the paint preserved?
- Any gotchas or other relevant info?

I found one that's literally perfect. It's a couple hundred miles away (oh well, I don't mind a trip to Vegas :D) and it's white. I don't want white, but I'll take what I can get.

Now, I'm just puckering myself up hoping it'll still be available when I'm ready (hopefully just a couple weeks). So, I'm asking now so there'll be plenty of time to let everyone weigh in.

(Note: if my insanity persists, this will also allow me to get one of my seldom-ordered custom colors, or a reasonable facsimile.)

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have thought about doing this, I would love a lime green or the hemi orange :naughty: or some offroad grafics like the furd raptor or power wagon

I'll be interested for feedback of people who have done this.

thz71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also very interested in this

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've been kicking this around pretty seriously . . . Coming into Fall here in Ohio, so I'll probably wait till Spring to actually do it, but I'm going to get a few quotes over the Winter to see how many nickels in need in the piggy bank to do it . . . I'll update as I get prices

CUSTOMRAM2_zps84304bce.jpg

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I've also got a friend whose fiancee wrapped her Kia Soul almost the moment it left the showroom...in bright ******* PINK. *twitch* :boxed: Color aside, I can attest that it looks nice. I know they had to have a little rework (done under the wrap's warranty), but it wasn't much, and you can't tell where the rework was done.

I'll share his wisdom/info on here as soon as I get it.

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I've been kicking this around pretty seriously . . . Coming into Fall here in Ohio, so I'll probably wait till Spring to actually do it, but I'm going to get a few quotes over the Winter to see how many nickels in need in the piggy bank to do it . . . I'll update as I get prices

That is a sweet-looking design. I'd love to try that with black, a dark-cherry sort of color, and blood red. (I've got a Sith thing going on; I'm sure you couldn't tell from my nick. :D License plate has that theme too.)

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definetley be custom. I've never seen anything like that drivin around.

ycc456

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 v10
If you do it but it from Amazon not ebay. Use either Orion , 3m , or Avery everything else will be low quality. I got 50 sq feet of Orion for 30 bucks great high gloss finish and has air release went on fairly easy. You'll need a felt tipped squeege water spray bottle and a heat gun all cheap on Amazon. Font over heat it or it will burn but order a little extra maybe even get some lower quality to practice with.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
If you do it but it from Amazon not ebay. Use either Orion , 3m , or Avery everything else will be low quality. I got 50 sq feet of Orion for 30 bucks great high gloss finish and has air release went on fairly easy. You'll need a felt tipped squeege water spray bottle and a heat gun all cheap on Amazon. Font over heat it or it will burn but order a little extra maybe even get some lower quality to practice with.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I'm in Phoenix...this time of year, I may not even need the heat gun. :roflsquared:

(Seriously, it's been 110° or above every day the last week or so. Hit 115 twice and 117 once.)

(For you Canuckistanis, that's 44, 47, and 48 respectively.)

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I'm in Phoenix...this time of year, I may not even need the heat gun. :roflsquared:

(Seriously, it's been 110° or above every day the last week or so. Hit 115 twice and 117 once.)

(For you Canuckistanis, that's 44, 47, and 48 respectively.)
Jesus that's f**king hot. I'd sweat just looking outside lol

When I was I'm Cuba this past spring my phone said it was supposed to feel like 55 for 2 of the days with the humidity. It was insane. (131 F)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Jesus that's f**king hot. I'd sweat just looking outside lol

When I was I'm Cuba this past spring my phone said it was supposed to feel like 55 for 2 of the days with the humidity. It was insane. (131 F)
Yeah, humidity kills me, but that's what I get for growing up in the desert.

That said, we average almost three weeks per year with highs of 110°F/44°C or more. (Not necessarily contiguous.) So I'm used to it popping up to 115/47 or more from time to time. :)

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
So, back on topic, I spoke to that friend today and he had to look up a lot of the info. He'll get back to me.

Anybody out there wrap their Ram? I saw posts in the search I did about people intending to, and one person to did it, then later took it off and resold the truck.

I'd like to hear more experiences, with any car you've wrapped, from anyone who has.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, back on topic, I spoke to that friend today and he had to look up a lot of the info. He'll get back to me.

Anybody out there wrap their Ram? I saw posts in the search I did about people intending to, and one person to did it, then later took it off and resold the truck.

I'd like to hear more experiences, with any car you've wrapped, from anyone who has.

I took on the hobby of learning to wrap recently. It is quite enjoyable until you run into wrinkle problems..... Then if you don't have time and patience you are gonna have a bad time...

I wrapped my chrome bumper first, which wasn't too difficult, then moved onto the bumper top skirt thing, which was a little bit more difficult... And then I attempted to wrap the grille... It went good up until I came upon the internal parts that needed stretching and heat... Ended up having heat spots and tearing before I wanted it to so i'll will have to give the grille a 2nd trial sometime soon.

Watch Youtube!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 88
  • truck headlight.jpg
    truck headlight.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Grille Wrap.jpg
    Grille Wrap.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 103
OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
I took on the hobby of learning to wrap recently. It is quite enjoyable until you run into wrinkle problems..... Then if you don't have time and patience you are gonna have a bad time...

I wrapped my chrome bumper first, which wasn't too difficult, then moved onto the bumper top skirt thing, which was a little bit more difficult... And then I attempted to wrap the grille... It went good up until I came upon the internal parts that needed stretching and heat... Ended up having heat spots and tearing before I wanted it to so i'll will have to give the grille a 2nd trial sometime soon.

Watch Youtube!
Looks great! I know I don't have the patience, which is why I'm looking for pros to do it. I've found plenty of people online, but price is a more slippery topic. None of them want to discuss that until they have you in their clutches, which makes me worry a bit.

thebeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just got quoted $2200 for a full wrap on my 15' Ram regular cab.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Watch Youtube!

How much did you need for front and rear bumpers? I would LOVE to do this to my black Laramie, and also just the + portion of the grill and leave the mesh chrome.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque

Wait, you haven't done this yet? I remember when you put up that poll asking for opinions on the color. GET THE BLUE BACK IN THERE!