Cant Decide Between.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Liquidoxygen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Diesel
hmm... this concerns me. Were the instructions not detailed enough?

I also thought they were plug and play. So for the fogs it should be just a matter of plugging the OEM harness into the ballast and then out to the light?

I'm a little shocked with the warranty issue but you do state that they were wired incorrectly. Or was it just the headlights giving you troubles and not the fogs?

5000k-6000k 55w from retrosolutions are pure white. 6000k more of an "HD Crystal" white. I have those. Look at my build log for pictures. http://www.ramforum.com/f17/project-full-size-12-px8-cc-*picture-heavy*-21338/

How ever with my experience I can't stand retrosolutions. My truck seems to be the one of a dozen that act differently to the HID kits.

It works fine with just the kit, not having to use the harness or error cancelrs. I plug in the harness and they blink on and off. (Was fun going to pick up my fiances parents for a long needed family dinner for a speciel occasion at 8pm) Had to cancel because of that. Which REALLY pissed me off. Unpluging the harness they work fine. Dash shows a (!) for 2 seconds then turns off when I turn the lows or fogs on. Worked like this for awhile until one started flashing until it went out. Tried to get them to honor their "Life time warranty" They ****** me out of that by saying "Well you didn't have it hooked up right" 10 minutes of HD video later sending to their technical support showing WTF was happening with the remaining bulb they still didn't honor it. So, having the fogs, If I wanted even a hint of my lights matching... I had to buy the lows again. Just got my retroshop head lights here with retrofitted projectors (Best experience I have had so far with this damn truck and anything pertaining to head lights) I had to buy an H1 bulb. So AGAIN giving those ass clowns money... I am running into problems at the track. Turning my lights on and off in a couple minute period a couple times to not blind people while waiting in line, every once in a while they will blink on and off until I reset the truck and turn it on/off a couple times. I am beyond PO'ed with my poor experience and lack of backing with these idiots products LOL. I voice my opinion on good companies and bad companies. I own one, I wouldn't let one of my customers hang like that when it comes to my warranties. LOL BS

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
fogs, plug n play. :D

On the heads.......the most common issue comes in when the wiring harness has the polarity flipped. The goofy part? It still works. The capacitor that is in the harness allows the lights to come on, but since the polarity is flipped - the cap isnt doing its job, hence flickering, etc. Flickering can cause the ballasts to lock.......

Not saying this was the case with Jesse - just something I've seen a lot of lately. Biggest thing to remember, black to black. :D