Can't make up my mind...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I recently installed front bilsteins at 2.1 and rear bilsteins with a 3/4'' spacer. I installed the spacer because I felt like the back end looked 'saggy' after lifting the front even tho it was measuring 3/4'' of rake. So now I have it sitting pretty but can't figure out what to do for tires. I am pretty set on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I initially wanted 35x11.50R20 (using stock 8'' chrome clad rims) and I've looked through countless pages of threads and there will be two different guys with same setups and 35s look huge on one truck and perfect on another. So now I am debating on running a 275/65R20 instead which is basically a 34x11 tire. Is one inch gonna make that noticeable of a difference?? What about an 11" wide tire...is that gonna look goofy with an aggressive tread tire? All I can ever find is pics of 35x12.5s. I just wish I could know for sure what they'd look like on my truck before buying them. My biggest fear is buying $1400 tires and having them look small on my truck. Also, does anyone think an 11.5 is going to rub?? I see guys getting away with a 12.5 with my same set up so I am assuming it shouldnt be an issue at all.

Any input is appreciated.

UPSTrucker13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I made that mistake. I got 285/55/20s with bilsteins set at 2.8 and a 1.5 inch spacer in the back. I got AMP Mud Terrains. Although they don’t look bad, I do feel the 32.2 inch height is a little small looking. My main concern though, is they won’t balance up. I just ordered another set of tires today in a 305/55/20 which is 1 inch taller and 1 inch wider. Falken Wildpeak At3s. My best advice is whatever size you get, make sure it’s a quality tire that will balance. It sucks having a good looking brand new truck, that shakes like a washing machine. I will say this too, if you are using the factory wheels, you may need spacers to keep them off of the upper control arms. Even the Amp 285s were VERY close to my upper control arms before I added 2 inch wheel spacers. The guy that sold them to me did tell me they are larger than the size suggests, so just something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPSTrucker13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s a picture after I installed the 2 inch wheel spacers

OP
OP
F

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I made that mistake. I got 285/55/20s with bilsteins set at 2.8 and a 1.5 inch spacer in the back. I got AMP Mud Terrains. Although they don’t look bad, I do feel the 32.2 inch height is a little small looking. My main concern though, is they won’t balance up. I just ordered another set of tires today in a 305/55/20 which is 1 inch taller and 1 inch wider. Falken Wildpeak At3s. My best advice is whatever size you get, make sure it’s a quality tire that will balance. It sucks having a good looking brand new truck, that shakes like a washing machine. I will say this too, if you are using the factory wheels, you may need spacers to keep them off of the upper control arms. Even the Amp 285s were VERY close to my upper control arms before I added 2 inch wheel spacers. The guy that sold them to me did tell me they are larger than the size suggests, so just something to consider.

Yeah I think the nitto tires will be a good quality tire....at least I hope for the price. The stock tires are 10.8 wide so I'm hoping a 11 or 11.5 will fit without issues. I may have to check to see what kinda room I have. I'm just curious if there will be a noticeable difference between a 34.76 and 34.09 tire. Those are the specs right off their website for 35x11.5 and 275/65