Cargo light LED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fletch125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L
I'm replacing the regular lights in my 2014 with LEDs. I absolutely hate the rear cargo lights and plan to go LED with those as well. From what I've found I need a 921 (T10) bulb. But from previous experience I've found that some LEDs occasionally glow. Does anyone have a link to a good bulb that won't glow? My other concern is how the light output is concentrated. I don't want bright light just scattered around.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
If you do not get a good one for the brake light, your dash will also display a "brake light out" warning. It doesn't care about the cargo lights.

I bought the Philips 921 Vision LED bulbs for the cargo lights. There are brighter ones out there (I tried them first), but their reliability was very poor. I went through three in a period of a few months or so, and I don't use them that often. Only time they were on was when I unlocked the truck, when they come on for a short bit. The Philips units have lasted a long time now without issue.

For the brake light, I bought some bright LED units off eBay that guaranteed they'd work for CANBUS systems, very similar to the units naumaa1 referenced. So far so good. If you don't hit the brakes quickly after first starting the truck, occasionally you get a bulb out warning, but as soon as you hit the brake pedal, it goes away. Assuming it needs a little power to energize whatever components are fooling the computer.

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used CAN Bus bulbs in all my exterior lights. Cargo, I used 921 white and 3rd brake light I got a 921 red led bulb. Everything works great. Superbrightleds.com

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
x2 on the JDM ASTAR’s from Amazon. Huge upgrade for only $15...
042c46610708d526b14a102a967adaa9.jpg

Those are some bright lights!

I ended up going with a whole new brake light from ebay for mine. Cost $39, or something like that. Downside... the cargo lights do not really light up the bed, so I want to add some strips under the bed rails for more light.

On a side note... That's a good looking sticker in your window. GO POKES! :happy107:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been thinking about doing the same thing for my cargo bulbs. I've got my eye on the ones from Headlight Revolution. They claim to not set off the CANBUS system and be super reliable. They also have a whole variety of LED bulbs for our trucks.

https://headlightrevolution.com/vehicles/dodge-ram/2003-2017-dodge-ram/

I bought every LED they sell for our trucks lol. The cargo, reverse and license plate lights look great. I was hoping for enough output to be able to see my garage wall backing in at night. (I have really dark tint.) Didn't help that problem much haha.

None of them have thrown a canbus code yet.