Carven Exhaust Tips look weird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My Ram is my office

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Everyone,

I put some new 5” Carven exhaust tips on my 1500 and they sound great, but look weird.

I don’t like how you can see the connecting tube in the middle. It sticks out way too far and is very noticeable. Especially since it’s not 5” like the tips.

I attached a picture. Does this look weird to anyone else?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That should have been cut off before clamping down, or have the tips stick out 1 more inch to make it up so they sit flush.

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine looked like that as well. I painted the inside flat black and no longer noticeable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

My Ram is my office

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I decided to take them off. I couldn’t stand the look. Felt like a high school kid driving a civic with a big old tip on it. Needless to say I’ll be selling them.

Looking at getting the Moe’s tips with the rolled lip, looks much better in my opinion!

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Moe's tips are way better looking tips. Those Carven ones don't look like they were finished correctly. It looks like you are running cheap bolt on tips bought from Autozone.

You might try contacting Carven and see if they are correctly built and not built wrong.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

My Ram is my office

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Moe's tips are way better looking tips. Those Carven ones don't look like they were finished correctly. It looks like you are running cheap bolt on tips bought from Autozone.

You might try contacting Carven and see if they are correctly built and not built wrong.

I did yesterday and they said that’s how all of their tips are designed. I will say, they were very fast to respond, especially on a Saturday, and they even offered to follow up with a phone call and pictures of new tips to show me that’s how they’re designed. Great people to deal with, I’m just not a fan of the tips. My Carven muffler is great though!