Ceramic Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I bought my 2015 new from the dealership, and they already had the windows tinted before I picked it up. I am very happy with the shade of the tint...not too dark, but not too light. I dont want to go any darker, but my son has been complaining lately of the sun being in his face in the back seat, even with the windows up. I am hoping that I dont have to go any darker to help keep the sun out of his eyes, and a local tint shop claims that the ceramic tint they offer will take care of this.

Are any of you guys running ceramic tint, or have first hand knowledge if this works or not? They quoted me $350 for the 4 side windows and rear window. Hate to spend that money if it doesnt work...especially since I am already happy with the shade of tint that is on the truck now.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will not be disappointed. I had some out in my wife's Camry, and you can definitely tell a difference. Put your arm next to the window and you can't feel the heat at all, then move it to the windshield and you can feel it baking on you. I live in Louisiana, so yeah, it's hot. As for the darkness, it's about the same as regular tint, just don't get all the heat from the sun.

Whiteramsmatter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am running the ceramic tint and I can't say enough good about it. The glare from reflected light and direct light is cut down from the sun. Along with the light it also cuts down on heat transmission through the windows. It is a noticeable change in temperature from windows up to windows down just from the radiant heat. I did go 5% on all the windows with the exception of the windshield of course. With the truck sitting outside in the summer it is at least 15-20 degrees cooler inside compared to before the windows were tinted.

Attachments

• 20160914_165204_HDR.jpg
    20160914_165204_HDR.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 155

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good. I thought about even putting a clear piece over the whole windshield just to cut the heat even more.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I bought my 2015 new from the dealership, and they already had the windows tinted before I picked it up. I am very happy with the shade of the tint...not too dark, but not too light. I dont want to go any darker, but my son has been complaining lately of the sun being in his face in the back seat, even with the windows up. I am hoping that I dont have to go any darker to help keep the sun out of his eyes, and a local tint shop claims that the ceramic tint they offer will take care of this.

Are any of you guys running ceramic tint, or have first hand knowledge if this works or not? They quoted me $350 for the 4 side windows and rear window. Hate to spend that money if it doesnt work...especially since I am already happy with the shade of tint that is on the truck now.

First tell your son to man up.

Then search on line for window shades - they have ones that cling to the window or use suction cups. There are many types - a much less expensive alternative to tinting the window. And they are temporary so, when no longer needed you can just take them off.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
First tell your son to man up.

Then search on line for window shades - they have ones that cling to the window or use suction cups. There are many types - a much less expensive alternative to tinting the window. And they are temporary so, when no longer needed you can just take them off.

HAHA...My son is not even 2 years old yet.

We are in South Texas where it seems to be hot year round (99* right now with heat index of 114*). I was hoping to kill 2 birds with 1 stone if this actually helped keep the heat out of the truck and the glare of the sun out of his eyes. I dont like the screens because then that blocks my vision out of that window.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
HAHA...My son is not even 2 years old yet.

We are in South Texas where it seems to be hot year round (99* right now with heat index of 114*). I was hoping to kill 2 birds with 1 stone if this actually helped keep the heat out of the truck and the glare of the sun out of his eyes. I dont like the screens because then that blocks my vision out of that window.

Get him some sunglasses then! They look cute.

Look into blocking UV rays without tinting. That would be best for the front window. The Tint stores probably don't talk about it because customers don't ask for it. You could add it to the tinted windows without darkening them.
I don't know how it handles glare.
Clear Window Films | Automotive Window Films | Choose a product | LLumar Window Films -

http://cdn.llumar.com/drupal/northamericanllumarautomotivespecs00.pdf

Last edited:

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When i recently got tint i was shown some clear ceramic tint on a small pane of glass and it was held up to a heat lamp. That stuff was awesome. It made a very noticeable difference in the amount of heat that got through compared to even the darkest non-ceramic tint. If i were going to do all the windows i would've definitely spent the extra cash to have ceramic but since i just got the fronts done to match the rears i got the mid grade stuff. I did not, however, check the amount of light transfer since it was clear but the heat blocking abilities was impressive.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got ceramic tint put on last yr on my fronts because I was trying to reduce the heat inside my all black Sport. It works awesome!

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Is it to hot or to bright for Your son?
If, as I think I read, it is to bright for Your son, the same shade of film will do absolutely nothing to help him. Ceramic film does help with blocking more heat, but to reduce glare You must go with a darker shade of film.
Are You sure that their is a film on the back windows, or is it the factory colored glass?

Chase0808

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also have ceramic and I will always get it on all my vehicles. Huge difference between it and factory tint. It is more expensive but imo it's worth it.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Here is a picture of the truck from a few weeks ago. I havent looked to see if there is film on the back windows because I am happy with the shade of tint/tinted glass that I have now.

FullSizeRender%2015_zpsubmew47b.jpg

The guy I spoke to said that even though the ceramic tint is the same shade as the base non ceramic, it deflects heat and colors better which reduces glare inside the truck. That was more of my question...whether or not it does actually reduce glare better than the same shade of no ceramic tint.

AJG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ceramic is the only way to go, other tint is just that,tint. If you just want to make your windows darker for looks then do tint, but if you want to keep out the heat, ceramic for sure. I have 20% on all my windows even over the rear stock tinted glass. Windshield is next after I get a new one installed. I will do a very light tint on the windshield, almost unnoticeable.

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is a picture of the truck from a few weeks ago. I havent looked to see if there is film on the back windows because I am happy with the shade of tint/tinted glass that I have now.

FullSizeRender%2015_zpsubmew47b.jpg

The guy I spoke to said that even though the ceramic tint is the same shade as the base non ceramic, it deflects heat and colors better which reduces glare inside the truck. That was more of my question...whether or not it does actually reduce glare better than the same shade of no ceramic tint.

Damn that trucks sexy lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 45% ceramic tint on the fronts.

Attachments

• 20150628_154455.jpg
    20150628_154455.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 235
  • 20150628_154946.jpg
    20150628_154946.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 20150628_154524.jpg
    20150628_154524.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 86

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
this will get me into trouble but without tint back in the 60's how in the heck did I along with a brother and sister survive riding in the back seat of a station wagon???

CDNUSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I tinted my car with ceramic tint, and yes it does work awesome at keeping down the heat in the car. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenster_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Getting my front door windows done next week, can't wait. I had a Cadillac CTS and had the ceramic window tint installed, mad a world of difference!

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
this will get me into trouble but without tint back in the 60's how in the heck did I along with a brother and sister survive riding in the back seat of a station wagon???

You slid around enough the sun never built up in one spot or you crawled over to another side of the car out of the sun.