Change Daytime Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All,

I'm in the process of buying a 2017 1500 Laramie from a dealer in Massachusetts. I live in Connecticut (not that that matters). I haven't actually seen this particular truck, so far everything has been done over the phone, but he verified for me that the Daytime Running Lights are. Apparently, they are required in Massachusetts. The lights that do come on though, are the low beams (I assume at reduced brightness). My question is, is it possible in this instance to change which light come on as the DRL's? I would like to have the amber LED's on instead of the low beams, partially for looks but more importantly for longevity - the LED's should last a whole lot longer than the low beams.

Is this just a matter of changing the sales code or is this somehow cast in stone?

Thanks

dbrock34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If it is the Laramie I'm guessing it has the Projector headlights. If this is the case, the Amber LEDs under the headlight should be your DRLs. At least that is the way my 2016 Laramie is.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I concur with dbrock34!

If it is the Laramie I'm guessing it has the Projector headlights. If this is the case, the Amber LEDs under the headlight should be your DRLs. At least that is the way my 2016 Laramie is.

We have a 2017 Laramie and when I took delivery I forgot to mention that I wanted the DRL activated. I took it back in a week later and it didn't take long at all. No charge! Laramies do have the projector HL so your DRLs will be the amber LEDs! Enjoy your new ride! Best of luck! We love ours!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn