Cheap brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Well I figure Im driving an American truck, with an Italian motor, a German transmission, and Japanese electronics so what difference will it make slapping on some Japanese brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if it will sound "ricer" when you stop? :crazy:

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I fixed the noise. It was my bad I bent the back plate on the rear caliper. So I have 0 complaints these brakes are excellent for the price! Will update on long term use.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rotors are pretty much all the same. I mean some use that Gray high carbon rotors which those do offer benifits. But most are made the same and use the same iron. No reason why these won't be fine.

My drilled and slotted rotors were about $200 for the set and they have been fine going on two years.

I drive way way to hard often at high to low speeds and build to much heat, even with trying to feather the heat build-up or sinking.... I have Summit crossdrilled slotted rotors, they look similar to these and are similarly priced.

I just over exceed them with my driving on the street and track whenever I make it there I think most of the problem is in the pads not the rotor but we will see when I change them this winter

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I didn't fix the noise I narrowed it down to my rear driver side brakes.. gonna jack her up tomorrow and inspect. I can't see anything rubbing but here's a video of what it sounds like.

https://youtu.be/oUX9IOWe7ac

Any advice prior to me taking it apart tomorrow on what it might be? I can hear it when I'm going low speeds and my foot is off the brake but it starts squeaking really bad when my foot is on the brake and I'm coming to a stop.

BCRAM14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
subscribed... Interested on how these work out for you. Might look into for my own

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
All fixed finally. I bent a caliper clip and it was scraping the edge of the rotor.

I'm leaving tonight for a trip to outer banks NC which is about 600 miles.

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
All fixed finally. I bent a caliper clip and it was scraping the edge of the rotor.

I'm leaving tonight for a trip to outer banks NC which is about 600 miles.

Hope the trip goes well..... Thought I saw on the news that most of the outer banks of NC were closed due to a construction company severing the underwater power lines recently. They said something about it being upwards of 2 weeks before power would be restored.....

Following the thread for updates on the brakes though.

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Hope the trip goes well..... Thought I saw on the news that most of the outer banks of NC were closed due to a construction company severing the underwater power lines recently. They said something about it being upwards of 2 weeks before power would be restored.....

Following the thread for updates on the brakes though.

The south is all shut down, we go up north to Corolla which is luckily fine!

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
We just left Corolla today after a relaxing week. Have a safe trip and can't wait to see how the brakes did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
We just left Corolla today after a relaxing week. Have a safe trip and can't wait to see how the brakes did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks,
It's been stormy today (supposed to be all week unfortunately) but we always seem to have fun regardless aka beer.

Ride on the way down was great no traffic at all until we hit the bridge and got to OBX like normal.

Brakes were absolutely flawless all the way down. I'm hoping these things last a long time which time will tell as id definitely repurchase.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks,
It's been stormy today (supposed to be all week unfortunately) but we always seem to have fun regardless aka beer.

Ride on the way down was great no traffic at all until we hit the bridge and got to OBX like normal.

Brakes were absolutely flawless all the way down. I'm hoping these things last a long time which time will tell as id definitely repurchase.

Even a stormy day at the beach can be better than a stormy day at home. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So... of course my brakes and my tires are up for replacing at the same time I have my 50,000 mile servicing which includes a tranny fluid flush so I'm trying to save money where I can.

I searched far and wide for decent brakes at a cheap price. I am doing the brake job myself and I know from prior experience dealerships charge anywhere from $800-1200 for full brake jobs on cars. I've never done a job on a truck and this is my first truck and first brake job on it so I'm sure the dealership prices are outrageous due to the larger rotors and pads than a car.

I found a set of non-brand name "Nakamoto" brakes from 1aauto.com and got the full set of front and rear ceramic pads and front and rear drilled and slotted rotors all for $220 shipped to my door.

The price was so ridiculously low that I researched online all I could and found only positive feedback on their brakes and rotors from various websites so I decided to pull the trigger and give them a shot.

They came in today and the packaging looked great and from what I can tell the product looks great as well. Obviously I won't know until I install them if they are going to perform well, but I will update this page on my experience. Keeping my fingers crossed on these hoping they are a steal and any feedback on anyone that's tried these would be appreciated as well.

3044e243f2ea14b4ad6f4ac448e38475.jpg
30215ddffbd321ed47a41697931adc0f.jpg4d7053a6513d474d814bbcd06c6765bf.jpg

Do you have a direct link please to these rotors and pads? Just found out today that I have to replace all 4 rotors and pads asap. Thanks.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have those rotors in front and so far I like them. I did Wagner oex pads. I have had them for about a year I think.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
1aauto.com

Nevermind, i found them on the 1A site.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Try powerstop.com, I bought rotors, pads,calipers for rear for 230$ or very close to it, can't find receipt but check them out.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Try powerstop.com, I bought rotors, pads,calipers for rear for 230$ or very close to it, can't find receipt but check them out.
Yea I've been looking at PowerStop brake kits on Amazon. 4 drilled and slotted rotors + 4 pads and I'm also looking at 4 slotted rotors + 4 pads
Have to decide which kind I want.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Be careful about Amazon cause I've bought certain things that were advertised as "***" but received knock offs. For the brakes just go directly to powestop site.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Be careful about Amazon cause I've bought certain things that were advertised as "***" but received knock offs. For the brakes just go directly to powestop site.
You can't purchase from powerstop.com. in the buy now section, it directly links to an Amazon item page. This link is on the powerstop.com where to buy section of the page for the brake kit.