Cheapest Place to get OEM Bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after washing and waxing my truck today I realized that the bumper is crap. The previous owner took the truck to an auto carwash and didn't actually ever scrub the bugs off. The result of those two is that the bugs ate away at the paint and left nasty raised white spots all over it. I talked to a painter about doing it but am thinking instead of them having to sand it down and repaint, it might be cheaper to just buy a new one.

Anyone have any suggestions as to good sites for finding new bumpers with factory paint for 2014 1500 Express?

Thanks!

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It wont be cheaper. The bodyshop will charge you the same for labor on a new bumper... pretty much no difference in prep work.

IMO

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It wont be cheaper. The bodyshop will charge you the same for labor on a new bumper... pretty much no difference in prep work.

IMO

I'm slowly starting to realize that. I just looked online and it looks like it'll be slightly cheaper to have a body shop just redo the current one. Either way it's gotta get fixed since it's driving me insane.

2014moparam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
cost me 159 shipped on ebay for an "aftermarket" sport/rt bumper

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Once you get the new front bumper you might think about getting an 3M invisible bra installed on the front of the bumper, grille, and the back of your mirrors. It ain't cheap but I think it is cheaper than replacing or re-painting the front end. I think I got a price of about $600.
Jay

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once you get the new front bumper you might think about getting an 3M invisible bra installed on the front of the bumper, grille, and the back of your mirrors. It ain't cheap but I think it is cheaper than replacing or re-painting the front end. I think I got a price of about $600.
Jay

I talked to a detail shop today and they said they'd wet sand the areas that the bug guts are on. He said he can get it looking 90% better which is acceptable. I am going to have them put on a ceramic coat, so instead of the film on just the front end they'll do the entire truck coat for $900 including a polish before and wet sanding the bumper. I figured this is a pretty good deal since I have ceramic on my Jeep and love the stuff.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I understand the reason that you want to use the coating, especially if they are going to do the complete truck for you and "correct" the front fascia. I prefer to use a sealant and then top it with a good wax. The reason I suggested the 3M(or similar product) is that it also provides protection from rock chips and scratches. I don't think the coating will do as well with rock chips and some small scratches although it will sure make cleaning the bugs off the front end a lot easier. Let us know how the coating turns out---I bet it will really look good!!!! The article in the above post is a pretty good explanation of coatings etc. although it is from 2014 and some improvements have been made. Check out autopia (a professional detailer's site) for more information regarding coatings.
Jay

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I understand the reason that you want to use the coating, especially if they are going to do the complete truck for you and "correct" the front fascia. I prefer to use a sealant and then top it with a good wax. The reason I suggested the 3M(or similar product) is that it also provides protection from rock chips and scratches. I don't think the coating will do as well with rock chips and some small scratches although it will sure make cleaning the bugs off the front end a lot easier. Let us know how the coating turns out---I bet it will really look good!!!! The article in the above post is a pretty good explanation of coatings etc. although it is from 2014 and some improvements have been made. Check out autopia (a professional detailer's site) for more information regarding coatings.
Jay

Well I won't be getting the coating...I just sat down on my couch, heard a crack, and 3 seconds later was sitting 3 inches lower. Looks like I'll just be doing a polish and paint sealant and buying a new couch.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well s*it!!!!! Sorry
Jay

It happens...I guess I'll see how this goes and if I don't like it I'll do the coating down the road. Guess the couch was telling me to work out a lil more...which could mean waxing weekly instead of sitting watching TV.