Chemical Guys foam cannon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

713Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do any of you guys use it?
I'm looking at alternatives to the conventional hand-wash method because down here in Texas it gets so hot that the water evaporates before I have time to dry it off, leaving water spots everywhere.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Wash the top to the bottom. As you do the top use a water blade to squeegee the water off as you do it and then u get no water spots. When it's stupid hot like 100+ in NJ it's what I do. In the cooler months I can usually wash the whole truck then squeegee it all down. Leaves 95% no water spots Everytime.

OldGrump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a foam gun, though not that brand. Still, in high heat, and such a large vehicle to work on, by the time you get around to rinsing + hand drying all the panels you will end up in the same boat.

I only use the foam gun now if the paint is very dirty (mud, heavy dirt etc.)... otherwise I use ONR (Optimum No Rinse) to wash down one panel a time, so no spotting, and no need for a hose. Takes some time getting used to using it... I was very apprehensive the first time worry about scratching the paint... but has worked wonders for me, and significantly cut down washing time.

MrHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Use ph neutral car wash soap. Even after it dries it might leave some spots, but it's easy to remove with some quick detailer and a microfiber towel.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use a gilmour foam gun every once in a while. you still have to wash with soap and a bucket. the foam gun is intended as a pretreatment so the surface is slick and soaked before you start wiping. it is not intended to substitute wiping it down with shampoo and your mitt of choice.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Most of us detailers use ONR (Optimum No Rinse). Great lubricity and no rinse. You can use distilled water as well, and you can use it in a garage or anywhere even if no water source. Sometimes there may be a little film, you can hit it with a paint cleaner like ZAIO. There wont be any spots and this two step process is as easy as anything and your truck ends up with a coat of polymer wax. It takes about a gallon of water to wash and wax your car. Haven't used CG gun, but they have great stuff too. Their waterless wash is more then ONR and ONR is great stuff though.

Reactions: SyN

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn