Chin Spoiler on Hellfire Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure ya'll have seen the hack job (yes I said it) called the Hellfire Ram by now.... as I'm not impressed with the truck at all there is some things that I like the idea of and have been thinking of incorporating into my R/T for awhile now
2016 Ram 1500 Hellfire

I'm thinking of making or adding some kind of chin spoiler to the front but not sure if I like how it looks and is there really a point to it when it is so far of the ground. Par of the reason why I'm thinking about it is to grab air for brake ducts I plan to make to go in the lower part of the valance/front bumper.

What are all yalls thoughts on the chin spoiler?
http://image.trucktrend.com/f/137896765+q80+re0+cr1/2016-ram-hellfire-07.jpg
If the link doesn't post the pic then its pic # 13 on the first link

And this is a reference to how low I am
20150911_131135.jpg

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been trying to figure something out also, I want to do something to mine as well. Who makes that chin spoiler?

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Splitter and air dam

I'm assuming you are aware of it's purpose, but if not check out the link above. Assuming you are going fast enough, I would think it would still provide the desired effect as far as handling performance goes.

No idea who makes them.

I think it makes the truck look "racey" as I'm used to seeing them on race cars, but if that's the look you're going for, then go for it!

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I'm familiar with their purpose, but also having a large gap so air goes under the vehicle kinda defeats its purpose cause you will get a crap ton of turbulence under the vehicle to where you do not create that low pressure air pocket under the front and vehicle.

At that point it more becomes a look than a useful part to aerodynamics. but I still can utilize one to capture air to send to the air ducts for the brakes and also direct some to the Vararam style CAI

I've been trying to figure something out also, I want to do something to mine as well. Who makes that chin spoiler?

Nobody makes one that I am aware of. You are kind of on your own to design and fab one

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
APR Performance makes the splitters for most cars. Pretty sure they don't make them for the Rams, but they do make universal ones that are just flat and half mooned shape in the front. Believe they make them in different sizes. Would have to get the measurements that closely fit what you're looking for and roll with that and cut out where you need. I had one on my old Scion that was made for a different car that I modified. Thing is a beast. I sliced the shell off a turtle at 80mph one day and didn't even chip it!

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Funny you should mention this as I am currently building my own as I can't find anything that I like the looks of. Just finishing the template before transferring it to either Alumalite or a sheet of ABS. This is the rough cut before I do any final trim work, just wanting to make sure the rods mount where I want them to before I trim the final shape.

IMG_1704_zpstoqfvsci.jpg

IMG_1706_zpsvmvwky5g.jpg

IMG_1709_zpsfwzrkxfi.jpg

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny you should mention this as I am currently building my own as I can't find anything that I like the looks of.

Damn you, why must you always beat me to the punch on things to do :roflsquared::roflsquared:

I like the look of what you have going.... the penciled in lines on the template I see that is.... but that is kind of what I'm thinking. cant wait to see the final product.

Only difference is where you have filled in with finishing puddy I plan to have duct inlets on each side that feed brake coolers ducts and possibly some going up around the radiator to feed air into the sides of the Vararam. in the center of those duct inlets I plan to have a curved 20" led light....

Last edited:

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Tourdemon made a nice one for his 3rd gen if ya haven't seen that yet. He used that alumalite and wrapped it in carbon fiber I believe.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Damn you, why must you always beat me to the punch on things to do :roflsquared::roflsquared:

I like the look of what you have going.... the penciled in lines on the template I see that is.... but that is kind of what I'm thinking. cant wait to see the final product.

Only difference is where you have filled in with finishing puddy I plan to have duct inlets on each side that feed brake coolers ducts and possibly some going up around the radiator to feed air into the sides of the Vararam. in the center of those duct inlets I plan to have a curved 20" led light....

Great minds think alike?

I have a set of modified fog lights that have a 3" outlet that will run to brake ducts. I'm mounting a new trans cooler behind my opening and needed to close off the sides to get more airflow over it; also what prompted the building of the front lip. It runs the full depth of the bumper so it at least smooths out the airflow underneath since all my lower valence panels had to be removed. It also is bolted to the horns the tow hooks use.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great minds think alike?

I have a set of modified fog lights that have a 3" outlet that will run to brake ducts. I'm mounting a new trans cooler behind my opening and needed to close off the sides to get more airflow over it; also what prompted the building of the front lip. It runs the full depth of the bumper so it at least smooths out the airflow underneath since all my lower valence panels had to be removed. It also is bolted to the horns the tow hooks use.

Well its looking good as usual... I'm curious about the fog lights that you are converting... I'm guessing you have removed the lens and using the base as the inlet to the duct?

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like this idea....who cares if it's functional.....it's gonna look badass.

I'm a Architect, Its in my nature to mix form and function..... But yeah I agree it will look good. I just need to win the lotto and send my truck with all my sketches, ideas and parts list to Kindigit or Foose or someone and just let them build it.... it will get done faster.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I like this idea....who cares if it's functional.....it's gonna look badass.

:D > This thread and you guys. Oddly enough we were just talking about this last week when a customer brought up the underspoiler we've seen on a certain truck. IMHO, please go full TimeAttackStyle and do actual 1/4" thick carbon fiber. :favorites13:

Attachments

• MoparRamStreetConcept.jpg
    MoparRamStreetConcept.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:D > This thread and you guys. Oddly enough we were just talking about this last week when a customer brought up the underspoiler we've seen on a certain truck. IMHO, please go full TimeAttackStyle and do actual 1/4" thick carbon fiber. :favorites13:

I may go a little thicker and more shape pronounced than just a flat chin spoiler.... If it isn't going to have as much function as form, might as well make it look good all around.....

Who knows, Maybe I could sneak it into my brothers work (Rocket Scientist - Literally) and put it in his companies wind tunnel...... but I doubt it since they do HIGHLY classified gov't contracts...... but ya never know.... it would be sweet to design one and see its effects on a Ram though.....

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Well, it's done. I have the template finished and it can work with both my new bumper alone or I can run it with the lower factory air dam. I did have to remove the lower part of the front bumper that the factory air dam mounts to but I was modifying my bumper anyways. I'm pretty happy with it right now with the lower air dam reinstalled under it using my old bumper.

I've transferred it to a 1/4" sheet of ABS, I may increase that to a thicker size in the future but that's for the future. I can get 2 splitters out of a 4x8 sheet of ABS so I might just double up the sheets to run a 1/2" thick splitter if my rod bolts can mount through that thickness.

IMG_1746_zpskybf0bev.jpg

IMG_1742_zpsnpzc6iw1.jpg

IMG_1744_zpsernipn7k.jpg

IMG_1752_zpsxhccfuxx.jpg

Last edited:

St3althM0de

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Express black out
Engine
5.7Hemi
Get some lettering on that engine! Lol

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, it's done. I have the template finished and it can work with both my new bumper alone or I can run it with the lower factory air dam. I did have to remove the lower part of the front bumper that the factory air dam mounts to but I was modifying my bumper anyways. I'm pretty happy with it right now with the lower air dam reinstalled under it using my old bumper.

I've transferred it to a 1/4" sheet of ABS, I may increase that to a thicker size in the future but that's for the future. I can get 2 splitters out of a 4x8 sheet of ABS so I might just double up the sheets to run a 1/2" thick splitter if my rod bolts can mount through that thickness.

IMG_1746_zpskybf0bev.jpg

IMG_1742_zpsnpzc6iw1.jpg

IMG_1744_zpsernipn7k.jpg

IMG_1752_zpsxhccfuxx.jpg

Looks good, I like how you sandwiched it between the two pieces. Here's my solution with rubber until I can get the SRT-10 valance with the vents for front breaks.

Attachments

• IMG_20170325_165018_432[1].jpg
    IMG_20170325_165018_432[1].jpg
    100 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20170325_171336_689[1].jpg
    IMG_20170325_171336_689[1].jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 84

Blackout15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just wanted to throw this option out there. I stumbled onto these guys a week ago while board out of my mind scrolling through Instagram. They make splitters and wings for the Ram 1500 among other pickups. I can't say squat about build quality, functionality or anything like that but it's the nicest splitter I've come across so far and looks very similar to the Hellfire Ram concept.

https://www.kdesignswings.com