Condensation in the headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Grrrr, truck less than 24hrs old. Got condensation in BOTH headlights. These are the factory projector style ones (I think they are projector, 2" round circle lens thing, not like my old quads). The truck was a 2016 left-over so it did sit for quite a long time. Initially had about 4" condensation line in them, now down to about 2". Thoughts on if I should be concerned, ie give it a week of driving and see if it goes away or go back to a dealer tomorrow and request they replace them both?

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Take it back the need to be replaced or resealed. I had this problem on a pair of aftermarket headlight I had. You can pull the bulbs and let them dry out pull and reseal them. But if the truck is brand new I wouldn't let it be my problem.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
common problem. Remove headlights and open vents a little more. I did this with my 2015 and never saw condenstion again after that, i have not seen the problem yet in my 2017

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

GeorgeRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TSB regarding condensation of Front headlights

There is a TSB about this issue. I don't understand it all but I think it has to do with the temperature variance with the string of lights on the bottom of the headlamps and outside temperature. The dealer will take the truck in, turn the lights on and run it for 20 minutes. If the condesnation goes away, the unit is still sealed and this issue is related to atmospheric conditions. If there is pooling of water at the bottom of the unit, the seal is broken and the light will be repaired under warranty. I had the same issue which resolved based on temperature. Hope this helps.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
pesky damn headlights........

Vncnz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
common problem. Remove headlights and open vents a little more. I did this with my 2015 and never saw condenstion again after that, i have not seen the problem yet in my 2017

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Where are these vents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk